July 2013 Weddings
Options

Introduction and CHECKS :)

Hey everyone!  I thought I would introduce myself, since I've been lurking on this board for a while now!  I'm from Minnesota and currently in medical school. Been engaged since December of last year, and only started serious wedding planning about a month ago :P  I'll admit that reading up on everyone's progess here has really motivated me to get my butt moving, so thanks!!

In the past month, we booked the DJ and the venue (ceremony+reception) which provides catering and linens, etc.  And as of this week the videographer and the dress (pics). We have met two photographers in budget that we like, but haven't decided yet. I met with a florist that I liked, too. Still need to work on an officiant, the website, and save-the-dates sometime soon.

It feels so good to actually get some stuff done though :)  

Re: Introduction and CHECKS :)

• Options
    Welcome to the board! Your dress is super pretty, I love all the detailing. It looks great on you! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Welcome to the board! Your dress is amazing!! 
  • Options
    welcome to the board. dress is gorgeous seems to suit u..  great checks
  • Options
    Welcome to the board! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome! What year in med school are you? I almost applied up in Minnesota for dental school.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Training to be the next companion.

• Options
    Welcome and Congrats......

Very adventurous..... I couldntve imagined planning a wedding while I was in nursing school.....definitely not medical school
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_introduction-and-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:8eb534f0-f686-4628-ac9f-2d0fb13decb8Post:e47972f6-e1a5-4cb0-a39a-cc853867ec3e">Re: Introduction and CHECKS :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome! What year in med school are you? I almost applied up in Minnesota for dental school.
    Posted by CleverThought[/QUOTE]

This is my first year, so it's not too bad yet! We'll see how I feel when we get closer to finals :P 

Yeah, I think Minnesota has a good reputation for medical/dental/etc. Are you in dental school now?
  • Options
    Welcome and love the dress!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    Welcome!!
    Sorry for being MIA lately ladies, I'm back :)
    I like this board better than all of the others!  lol

RMcDougle**  Your dress is beautiful!! Good job on all of your checks too, feels great to get stuff done.
    So far, we've also booked our venue (ceremony will be done on their garden terrace! and they provide the food because it's a restaurant and linens so that was a BIG check because there is so much included), found the DJ but have not put a deposit on it yet, found our officiant, bought my dress (need to have alterations done still), found the BM dresses (need to buy them) and I started making the brooch bouquets for my 6 bridesmaids (only have 1 complete).  I started on the centerpieces too.  Guest list is almost final.
    ...writing this out, I see that I still have TONS of work to do...lol  

I haven't thought about the florist yet and I'm nervous about it.  My BMs will not be holding flowers.  I will have a bouquet and I think I'll need a few arrangements for the ceremony but I really don't know where to start....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards