Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Caterers!! HELP!

Hi! My name is Molly and I am new to the board and new to the wedding planning process. I got engaged July 27th and my wedding in June 24th, 2011. Right now we are both finishing our senior year of college while planning a wedding, so it's quite overwhelming.

We know what we are doing on most aspects of our wedding but catering is a BIG question mark. We have a limited budget and I am having a hard time finding a caterer fitting within it. When I do find one they always have these hidden service charges and other things that I cannot afford. Anyway, does anyone have an suggestions on affordable, yummy caterers in the metroplex?
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Caterers!! HELP!

• edited December 2011
    Hi, Molly and welcome to the board! 

We searched for caterers for awhile and we settled on using Black Eyed Pea. You get a lot for your money and they will work with you to help you stay within your budget. We also feel very comfortable with them and they have gotten AWESOME reviews! They provide everything; staff, decor, utensils and even linens. 

Good luck with your search!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Molly! I found a few really great and inexpensive caterers.

Aspen Catering, ask for Betsy. Their menu is online so you can get a feel for prices.

CN Catering, ask for Christina. They will work with your budget and are super professional.

Texas Star Catering. Their prices are online too and are very nice people.

All of these are google-able. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Royal catering DFW is the best option we found.  You can google them and they have menus and prices online it all depends on what you want.
  • lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Black Eyed Pea.

We were able to get fruit and cheese trays for the cocktail hour, full buffet dinner with two meat entrees, two vegetables and bread, 5 servers and a bartender, buffet table decor and linens and all plates and utensils for cheaper than I could get bulk BBQ dropped off at the venue and fruit and cheese trays made by Central Market. I was floored by the price and the food is great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hello and Welcome!!!!

I would check out venues first. Sometimes reception venues they will have onsight catering provided. If they don't mention it, make sure you do ask them if it is an option.

If not, I've heard the Black Eyed Pea is very good! :)

Happy Planning!!
  • edited December 2011
    I heard good things about Black Eyed Pea but there's wasn't one very close to our venue and the travel charge put them out of our price range... we actually ended up going with another restaurant instead of a mainstream caterer... Sweet Tomatoes.  They have really awesome pre-set menus in certain price ranges and then they'll let you mix and match with salads, pastas, potato bars, etc.  Very good for budget catering and it's really yummy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! I talked to one of the ladies at Black Eyed Pea and she responded so quickly and was able to build a menu to my needs! I am so relieved!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Good, I'm glad you were able to work something out and BEP is soooooo yummy! They are very nice there, I think the main lady is Heather and she is awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards