Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Looking for a nice casual indoor / outdoor reception site.

I am getting married in vegas on 10.10.10. We are having a reception when we get back. Nothing formal. Maybe a big BBQ or something along those lines. I originally thought about a South Park cottage, but those are so out dates and well dirty looking. Any ideas on where I could have it?? I'm looking for a place with inside and outside area.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks!

Re: Looking for a nice casual indoor / outdoor reception site.

• edited December 2011
    Budget? Amount of people? What part of the city?

Renzie Park in McKeesport has a main pavilion/cabin thing that is decent looking and holds a lot of community events. Perhaps that would fit the bill?

• shakinmynerdsshakinmynerds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

200 people, doesnt matter what part of the city i am open for anything.

Budget doesnt matter, it is just a reception.. just not anything crazy like $10,000 or anything

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, there are one or two boathouses in North Park that could be nice.  They also have something that I think is called the Girl Scout cabin (or Boy Scout?) that I bet could be rented.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was also thinking- maybe Phipps?  Or even the Heinz History Center?  They have a beautiful terrace attached to one of their event spaces.  Their catering (with Common Plea) can get very pricy, but if you stuck with appetizers it might be doable.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011

If you go the North Park route, there's the North Park Lodge.  FI's cousin had hiswedding there in October.  The ceremony was outside, then we went inside for the reception.  There's also the Rose Barn in NP, but I haven't been there in YEARS (perhaps the last time was my younger brother's pee wee football banquet).  I remember that being more of one big room, but I thought the Lodge was nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards