African American Weddings

NWR: Need a Change

So ladies...this is CRAZY but I feel like I wanna leave LA.

I have NO idea where I would want to go but I feel like it is time to make a move...

Have any of you ladies ever felt this way?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: NWR: Need a Change

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES! I was just talking about this to someone Saturday. I HATE Houston! I want to relocate, just no idea where. FI and I talked about going to Atlanta, but I don't want to get a TX real estate license and move to GA. That's dumb. I just don't know what to do. But I do need a change of scenery!
  • edited December 2011
    YES...all the time.  NY is so expensive; but it's the only place I've ever lived. Everytime I visit my mom and brothers in Florida...I'm ready to move.
    Where are you thinking of moving? Is it true that California has great rates for college students (residents)?
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    oh yes, I am ready to get the heck out of Tallahassee , FL,sigh
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    YEESSSS! Me too! I don't know where but ATL doesn't sound like a bad idea! One of my girlfriends up and moved a few months ago..she sold her house and moved to NC with her children and hasn't looked back!
  • edited December 2011
    I've always wanted to move to ATL..I go there 2x a yr & i love it.
  • edited December 2011
    yes!  but i would need to find some employment first.  i'm always looking.  i'm thinking TX, VA , NC or GA. 
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would need employment too...I will NOT just up and leave and have nothing...oh no no no...

I am thinking ATL as well...
    FI didnt think I was serious and that may be too much of a drastic change BUT I am all for it.

Ask me this a few years ago, the tables were turned...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• edited December 2011
    If I knew my FI was up for the move I would be looking for a job in ATL like NOW! But he doesn't want to move...and I'm ok with it for now, I guess..my chlldren are in an excellent school, I like my job (sometimes) and Philly is ok when it isn't COLD! lol
  • edited December 2011
    I've felt that way before, but I don't have the balls to up and leave my family.  Some of the weather conditions and/or the cost of living in other states deter me.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-need-change?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d84d4794-13e4-4c1d-86ba-f9b4e9df3a9fPost:cb4aefce-5f0d-4c51-83a0-138a9c2ae34c">Re: NWR: Need a Change</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've felt that way before, but I don't have the balls to up and leave my family.  Some of the weather conditions and/or the cost of living in other states deter me.
    Posted by missrekaeagle[/QUOTE]

I understand the family thing..plus you have Olivia coming...and I know they are excited about her!
    It is the cost of living in ATL that makes me want to move. At my girlfriend's going away party, the one I mentioned earlier, there was a woman there who was movng to GA, she was going through a divorce, and she had 2 young children. She had just bought a 5 bedroom single home in GA for $86,000 in a gated community....OKAY...I have a 3 bedroom row home and I paid $115,000.
  • edited December 2011
    Yep.  Been there - hence my move to Houston.  I chose Houston because I have some family here (my oldest sister and some cousins) and it wasn't too far where I couldn't take a drive home if I needed to (which was good when my mother became ill).  I'm glad I made the move otherwise I wouldn't have met my FI! Wink
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG YES!! I've already told FI that either after I graduate from nursing school or  after we say I DO we have got to get the HECK out of Jax, FL.  We've already considered Orlando and are thinking of Nashville, TN.  I know NOTHING about TN but it seems like a place to consider, just as long as it is not here.  I think I get the "military itch" - moving every few years.  But really I know I want us to live in a more progressive (on so many levels) city than where we are now.  It would be nice to be close to family but then again, it depends on what we find in the end.  Smile 
    80 said yes image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-need-change?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d84d4794-13e4-4c1d-86ba-f9b4e9df3a9fPost:fba120cc-029f-4633-977d-1859c514ba82">Re: NWR: Need a Change</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG YES!! I've already told FI that either after I graduate from nursing school or  after we say I DO we have got to get the HECK out of Jax, FL.  We've already considered Orlando and are thinking of Nashville, TN.  I know NOTHING about TN but it seems like a place to consider, just as long as it is not here.  I think I get the "military itch" - moving every few years.  But really I know I want us to live in a more progressive (on so many levels) city than where we are now.  It would be nice to be close to family but then again, it depends on what we find in the end.   
    Posted by happe2gether[/QUOTE]

Move to Orlando!!!! I can feel all of you. I've lived in Orlando since I was 3 when me and my mom moved here from the Caribbean. I lived in Atlanta for 4 years for school and loved it.  Me and FI have talked about it and we have said maybe Dallas but we want to wait till his son is older and can fly by himself.
    Anniversary
  • happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @flasweetheart - I LOVE the big D.  Ok so it took a minute to get used to it since I'm a FL girl through and through but Dallas grew on me.  I would have stayed there so my kids could be near their dad, but he was crazy.  More importanly, I would have not met my FI.  FI will not consider Dallas though.  The ex is gone but he is NOT feeling Texas at all! 
    80 said yes image
  • edited December 2011
    LOL everyone is talking about moving to GA/ATL and I'm trying to get out of GA!!! I've been here all my life and I can't wait to leave. We're relocating in February and I can't wait. I need a new scenery!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    YES!!! I've lived in 2 states in the past 3 years and I can say I really hate Illinois right now. Maybe its just this part of IL but I'm so ready to go. I lived in NC for 2 years during grad school and I loved it, I met my FI there and I miss it so much. I have 2 1/2 years out here in IL and I can't wait till they are over. My FI was stationed once in Chicago and he loved it I haven't been up there yet so I'll have to visit soon. We really want to move to Northern VA  or Maryland once I get my PhD, but NC is also an option as well. I would love to live in NY but far as expenses that is not going happen
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am from Texas and I would love to get up out of Oklahoma.  I would like to go to the Dallas/Ft Worth area, but I still have a year and a half left in school and FI has about that much left in the Air Force, that is if he doesn't re-enlist.  I think it might be easier to get established here and then move later on...*sigh*, we'll just have to see.

@admallard, where are you relocating to?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-need-change?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d84d4794-13e4-4c1d-86ba-f9b4e9df3a9fPost:fba120cc-029f-4633-977d-1859c514ba82">Re: NWR: Need a Change</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG YES!! I've already told FI that either after I graduate from nursing school or  after we say I DO<strong> we have got to get the HECK out of Jax, FL</strong>.  We've already considered Orlando and are thinking of Nashville, TN.  I know NOTHING about TN but it seems like a place to consider, just as long as it is not here.  I think I get the "military itch" - moving every few years.  But really I know I want us to live in a more progressive (on so many levels) city than where we are now.  It would be nice to be close to family but then again, it depends on what we find in the end.   
    Posted by happe2gether[/QUOTE]

My FI wants to come to Jax, Fl because his whole family is there! I'm ready to leave the DMV but I want to chose a middle ground between my family and his
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-need-change?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d84d4794-13e4-4c1d-86ba-f9b4e9df3a9fPost:eb1e84cd-419b-41fb-957c-70c4e6e3711a">Re: NWR: Need a Change</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NWR: Need a Change : I understand the family thing..plus you have Olivia coming...and I know they are excited about her! It is the cost of living in ATL that makes me want to move. At my girlfriend's going away party, the one I mentioned earlier, there was a woman there who was movng to GA, she was going through a divorce, and she had 2 young children. She had just bought a 5 bedroom single home in GA for $86,000 in a gated community....OKAY...I have a 3 bedroom row home and I paid $115,000.
    Posted by PhillyBride123[/QUOTE]

I feel you on that cost of living in GA. I've considered moving to the ATL area since it's only 3 hours away from my family, but my DH would be 6.5 hours away from his parents.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    @msapril...I see u r ready to leave the DMV I'm so ready to come back!!! I hate everything about Illinois!! What part are you from if you don't mind me asking?
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm ready to leave Pensacola, Florida but I think it'll be awhile before that happens. FI's immediate family is here now so I doubt that will happen anytime soon and he has a house here. I would love to move to Dallas/Houston (Tyboyd your dream) or GA, not Atlanta but on the outskirts of it. Ready for a change, but fi isn't. I have two more years of grad school. Good thing is my last 24 weeks are fieldwork assignments and I have no clue where it could be, but pretty much anywhere in the US. I would love love love to put placed in another state for awhile. FI probably won't take it too well but it's about 3 months for 2 fieldwork assignments. If I find a place I like I'm going to try to talk him into a move.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Sure have! I want to go to ATL so badly! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-need-change?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d84d4794-13e4-4c1d-86ba-f9b4e9df3a9fPost:3735f73d-b451-4ee2-bc37-12bb0f6e2f8e">Re: NWR: Need a Change</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am from Texas and I would love to get up out of Oklahoma.  I would like to go to the Dallas/Ft Worth area, but I still have a year and a half left in school and FI has about that much left in the Air Force, that is if he doesn't re-enlist.  I think it might be easier to get established here and then move later on...*sigh*, we'll just have to see.

<strong>@admallard, where are you relocating to?
    </strong>Posted by chayb87[/QUOTE]

Fort Jackson, SC.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards