Indiana

Need a Florist....South Bend Area!

I need a florist for my wedding in the South Bend area this fall.  I was interested in Swwet Pickens on Ironwood but the owner seems kinda flakey...anybody have any experiance with them?  Any other suggestions???  Thanks

Re: Need a Florist....South Bend Area!

• ndirish07ndirish07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Wygants in downtown South Bend--near the Tribune building.  They were great and helpful, came in under my budget.  We also met with Michaelangelo's who can do just florals but also entire event planning.  They do awesome work but just completely overwhlemed me in my meeting--I went to discuss flowers but they talked about everything from flowers to linens to candy buffets and beyond.  Those were the only 2 I talked with--Good luck!

• HippinhipsterHippinhipster member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister used them last year for her wedding flowers... but she pretty much just bought a few bunches of daisies and I put her bouquets together myself. I went there a few months ago to see about flowers for my wedding this fall and honestly don't feel too comfortable with the idea of her doing flowers for the most important day of my life... but I'm kind of a control freak and decided to do them myself... I'm still looking at different places to order bulk flowers online
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • twixinthemixtwixinthemix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Marigolds on  Jefferson, which isn't your traditional florist.  She uses all locally grown and in season flowers that either she grows herself or is grown down in Bourbon.  She only does a few weddings a year, so depending on when you are getting married, you might want to book fast!  I've really enjoyed working with her.  The prices are ridiculously cheap, and we have very similar styles.  The catch is that you won't have as much control over specific flowers since they are in season.

I have also heard that Country Florist and gifts is very good.  They had been on US-31 South (near Kern) but recently moved to Sample St. with the new US-31 coming through.

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
    hide
    Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
    "And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011
  • acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Poppies by Polly McCarthy is FANTASTIC-- she does absolutely beautiful work. I've also heard great things about Michaelangelo's and Wygant's.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Wow!  Thanks for all the great info.  I live in Indy so we're making a trip up to South Bend this weekend to check out some of these places.  Also looking for cakes.  Thinking about Martins or Country Bake Shop.  Any opinions???
  • mandms08mandms08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This might be a little late but we really liked Martin's.
  • HinesWeisHinesWeis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you go talk to Michaelangelo's?

NDIrish07 - Were they reasonable? Or just over the top all around?
  • edited December 2011
    we've decided to go with Flower's by Stephen on South Michigan St. in South Bend.  She had great prices and even did a free demo just to make sure we were all on the same page and let me tell you...that bouquet was amazing!  She read my mind!  None of the other shops I spoke with seemed to understand my vision and she got it so fingers crossed that the wedding day flowers will be just as great as the demo flowers! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards