Texas-Austin

Hotel Madness

I am getting married at the Berry Creek Country Club in Georgetown. My question is this. How far is an acceptable distance for a hotel for the guests? I have found a few that are about 16-17 minutes away, and others closer but with a higher rate. I'm not sure how far is too far. The venue is also where we are getting married at, so it's a one stop shop situation, so what is the maximum distance I could reasonably have the hotels away from the venue?

Re: Hotel Madness

• akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, if I were you I'd book a block at various venues. You could do some close to your venue and just make your guests aware of the cost, and do a few at a more reasonable cost about 15-20 minutes away and let it be their choice.

I understand your position. Our priest and his church are way out on 620, and we couldn't find any reception venues indoor that could fit all of our guests, so our reception venue is about 20 minutes away. 
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • JamieMWJamieMW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the prices of the new Holiday Express that just opened in Georgetown?
  • laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can go on hotelplanner.com and do an RFP and set requirements. This way the hotels will bid on your wedding block and you get discounted rates. You are able to set distance from your event too.
    I would say that anything within 10-15 minutes from the reception site would be fine. Our is only 2 exits up on the highway but its going to take about 15 min from the venue since its further out in Kyle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a link to our wedding web page that has our hotels we used on it.  http://www.mywedding.com/mikeandmandy/accommodations.html

We also got married in Georgetown. I do not recommend the Quality Inn...it's kind of gross.  A lot of our family stayed at the Mariott in Round Rock and I HIGHLY recommend them.  All of the family staying there just hung out down stairs in their lobby like area after our rehearsal dinner and visited with each other and had a great time. 
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • edited December 2011
    Yes I have. They want $119 a night. FOR A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS!!! it's way too expensive for our guests. Most of the people coming are on a budget, as we are, so we wanted a less expensive one. Thank you though.
  • lgrannellgrannel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a thought but look into renting a "vacation" home in the area. 
  • edited December 2011
    I second the use of hotelplanner.com. It was the easiest thing to do and I actually got better rates through the site than some of the hotels offered me directly.

Our wedding website is www.theknot.com/ourwedding/brandiebarr&jasonramsey. The accommodations information on the guest information tab.
  • JamieMWJamieMW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's crazy for the Holiday Inn.  Major bummer.
  • edited December 2011
    I tried Hotelplanner.com. It definately gave me some ideas, but the issue that I am now facing is the hotels are price gouging. My wedding is the saturday before easter.....didn't know that when I picked it as our date-our anniversary-but oh well right? I found two hotels-the la quina inn-I know it's not that pretty, but for $59 a night it will work, and the Courtyard for $69 a night. I think that's enough right? or should I do one more?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards