South Carolina

Wedding in conway/myrtle beach, sc

Ok so here it is... I am getting married September 23,24 or 25 2011. I really really really need help with locations for the ceremony and for reception. And ideas for gifts for the guests. My budget is only 3,000. my family, friends and I will be doing the food. I just need a really awesomely cheep place to have my wedding and party after. I knows its a year away but I hate waiting till last min to do stuff. I live here and I have had the hardest time to find something awesome. So if anyone could help me that would be great. Oh and I have already looked at the river walk and the peanut warehouse... The peanut warehouse does not have ac or anything inside so I am worried about that and if you want a breeze you have to open the doors, then the bugs can get in. I also looked at the cooper house on old 544 super nice place but I don't know if its the right place or not.

Thanks everyone in advance!!!

Re: Wedding in conway/myrtle beach, sc

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the old side wheeler? The Jerry Cox Company owns it now. Its a great place to have a reception. How many guests are you planning on having?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    mmm I know there are some golf courses around here that are within your budget, problem is I dont have the info on them, future mother in law has it. lol We booked at sea watch resort in myrtle beach (next to kingston plantation). Our budget is 5K and we have about 100 people coming, they have decent prices, but you cant bring in your own food. But you can bring in your own alcohol and cake.  And just a note to self**Myrtle Beach city limits does not allow beach weddings, however if its privately owned, then that place has the right to allow or not allow beach weddings. We llooked at many places right in the heart of MB, and didnt know this law until later, so just wanted to inform ya. If getting married in the sand is your dream, make sure the venue is privately owned! haha:) Sea Watch is luckily privately owned, so thats most of the reason why we chose it-ceremony on beach, reception immediately following in their banquet hall (has a veranda part of hall overlooking ocean), and all guests got a great discount to stay ocean front. So no money for transportation or anything! Hth! Msg me if you need any other advice, Ive been planning for about 7 months now, and have about 6.5 mo's to go! :)...ps I live here too. ;)

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    vrspires : We were told about the side wheeler but we have not had a chance to go take a look at it. Do you have any phone numbers where I can contact the owner and see about have a tour... There is going to be like 150ish still trying to cut the list down, but there are so many important ppl its really hard too.

Mary: yeah I was thinking a beach wedding but I was totally freaked about what if it rained... What would I do... Everything would be ruined... I really want to get married outside... The beach not so much b/c i alredy bought my dress and its not beachy. We like the river walk in conway a lot... Have you ever seen the cooper house? Its beautiful! but I just dont know if its the right place yet nothing has caught my eye to where i am like yep thats totally the one.

Thanks so much guys!!!
    I need all the help I can get!!!
  • edited December 2011

hey I understand! :) I know Breakers Resort has a really nice grassy area they use for weddings, its outside and overlookign the ocean, so you arent in the sand, just can see it behind ya :) I wish I could help  with places in conway, but I cant, I never really looked in Conway bc we wanted a beach wedding! lol We are taking a risk with the weather, but if it happens, it happens. Hopefully it wont rain til we go inside to the banquet hall! lol :)

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, I have been out of town and have not checked on this board lately. I will get you the number for the Side Wheeler as soon as I can (I'll probably post it tomorrow) so just keep checking this discussion to get it! Let me know if you need anything else!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw. you guys are great! thanks for helping me! If you guys see anything else about conwayish or even something rad in mb let me know. I went to a wedding in ocean isle nc and it was super nice. The beach was amazging!
  • ssunkissssunkiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Cypress Inn Bed and Breakfeast has a wonderful room for a small reception and there is a Marina in the back where you could have a ceremony. I believe they have tables and chairs already there. The people who run the inn and are super nice and the inn is gorgous. Super Nice.

You could also look into the Seaside wedding Chapel
    http://www.seasideweddingchapel.com/aboutus.html

• lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having a pretty big wedding I am at like 175 people now... I am trying to cut my list down but its gettin really hard. I went and spoke with the man that does all that stuff at the in. The room where everyone sits and eats is not to pretty. Its got like pineapples all on the wall I think. It was a little out there for me. But thank you for that suggestion!
  • edited December 2011
    SO SO sorry that I have not responded back to you! I have been without a computer and havnt had access to theknot! So anyways I said I'd give you the Jerry Cox Company's phone number (Side Wheeler owners) so it is 843-248-2227
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning to get married November 26, 2011, and I have been searching for a place in Myrtle Beach/Conway. We do not plan to get married on the beach because it might be too chilly. We plan to look at the Hilton Hotel and the Cooper House. What did you think about the Cooper House. The pics seem nice and the price was right. congratulations and good luck with a venue
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for Jerry's number! The cooper house is beautiful!!! but the only thing is that if you are going to have the reception there and you have like 100 people they will have to eat upstairs and down stairs. I want everyone to be in the same room....

• edited December 2011
    Your welcome! I've been to a few weddings at the Cooper house and it really is a neat place to have a wedding. But i agree with Lenzi if you have too many people you'll have to put some upstairs and some down. Unless you have the reception outside and the wedding inside. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • britny622britny622 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are still looking for a photographer check out Brittany Mauldin Photography

brittanymauldinphotography.com
  • lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I am going to go with Christa Harder. She is so sweet and her pictures are amazging. She has worked so hard to make sure I get my moneies worth. Plus she works with all kinds of budgets!
  • timeless27timeless27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am a wedding planner and if you need help planning your wedding i will be more than glad to help
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards