California-Orange County

Engraving for Champagne Flutes

Did anyone get their wedding champagne flutes engraved? If so, where did you get the engraving done? I live in Laguna Beach, so anywhere slightly close would help.

Thanks!!

Re: Engraving for Champagne Flutes

• edited December 2011

I'm actually going to the crystal factory in buena park tomorrow to get mine engraved.  That is a little far from you but have you tried things remembered in your local mall - they also engrave stuff brought outside of their store as well.
    g/l

My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LAHwed2010LAHwed2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the crystal factory does a good job, it would be worth drive for me. I actually did take my champagne flutes to Things Remebered and their machine was broken, but they decided to try to engrave my flutes anyway and they turned out awful, with half the words and numbers missing. I'm hoping to get reimbursed so I can buy new flutes.

Please let me know how yours turn out, hopefully fabulous!!!
  • kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine done at the Crystal Factory. I have some pictures in my bio if you want to see the final result. They also did my cake cutter, and champagne flutes for the BM and GM. DawnBeatty, I'm glad that the Crystal Factory worked out!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both for the info. I will definitely be going to the Crystal Factory for engraving on my new Champagne Flutes. At least Things Remembered reimbursed me for the new ones that I had to buy and for the engraving they did. Unfortunately however the original flutes were given to us as an engagement gift from my mom and they are discontinued, but we did get similar ones that we love just as much. Hope my mom doesn't notice though Frown

Kasarin, thanks for sharing pics, your flutes turned out wondefully, in fact all your pics were great! Loved your hair and the colored sash on your dress!!!

Dawnbeatty, I hope the engraving goes well for you also.

Thanks again ladies!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, one more thing ladies, do you mind if I ask how much the engraving cost at the Crystal Factory?
  • edited December 2011
    Hey I went to the Crystal Factory on Saturday and unfortunately the people who do the engraving aren't there on the weekends :-( 
    But I will be going back because I loved the way kasarin's turned out.
    When I called they told me it would cost $30.00 for them to engrave. 
    Just call before you drive all the way up there :-)
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks I will be going there too! :) Congratulation everyone! @Kasarin I loved your pictures too
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dawnbeatty, thanks so much for the heads up!!! $30 is about the same as Things Remembered, not bad at all.
    FutureMrsMueller12, congrats to you and the other ladies as well! 

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI, I spoke to the Crystal Factory today and just wanted to give everyone who reads this a heads up, they are moving to Anaheim. They said that they should be moved out of Buena Park by the end of March. The move will put them closer to where I live, so I'm going to wait to go until after their move. 
  • edited December 2011
    yay! thanks for the update... & Congrats to everyone too!
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • karahigginskarahiggins member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    go to the silver and crystal store called things remembered. they always do such a great job!
  • CandC2011CandC2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m from NY and my champagne flutes are waterford.  I went to things to remember and they said they couldn't do it. Last time they did waterford flutes, they messed them up.  I appreciate the honesty, but any ideas where I can get them engraved?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Things Remebered is great for Silver, but I wouldn't go there for glass or crystal. They messed up my toasting flutes as well. 

CandC2011, I'm not sure where in NY to go, sorry I'm in CA. Wish I could help! I'm going to the Crystal Factory here in the Orange County area. You should definitely post this to your local board b/c they may know more about your area. Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards