Ohio-Columbus

Cake?

Hi everyone,

My next step is ordering my cake but I dont know who to really start with.  Who did you book for your wedding?

Re: Cake?

• BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The vendor that is most recommened  on this board is Anita Kline.  She is very in demand, so book early.  She was unavailable on my date, so I used Short North Piece of Cake, and they were wonderful!  Delicious, (relatively) inexpensive (they don't charge a delivery fee or upcharge for diff. flavors and fillings), and easy to work with.  Good luck!   Choosing (and tasting!) the caking was one of the more fun parts of planning! :)
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011

I second Anita Kline. Her email is: abcj22@earthlink.net

• edited December 2011
    Anita all the way!!!!!!!!  Gorgeous cake and delicious too! Plus, she's THE sweetest lady on Earth!

Short North Piece of Cake was my second choice.
  • edited December 2011
    We used Elegant Icings. She is located just west of Columbus (but will travel) and is very reasonable and her cakes are super yummy. Here is her website: http://www.elegant-icings.com/
  • sherise40sherise40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Enticing Icings She works out of her home in Delaware. Her cakes where amazing and she is so affordable. Her website is http://enticingicings.com/
    I cannot dote on her enough.....I have heard a lot about Anita but she was booked so I went Enticing Icings..she is super sweet as well.
    -Sherise Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone... I just emailed anita so well see where i end up at depending on if she is available or not. 
  • jdcwedding1jdcwedding1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Sauer Cakes (don't let the name fool you).  Our tasting was amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    Just booked with Anita this week! She really is the sweetest lady ever  & her cakes are awesome! :) GOOD LUCK!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went with The Cake Studio and the owner, Katie, works out of her home in Powell.  I had a cake tasting during the week of Thanksgiving and all of the cakes were fantastic!  I ended up going with the Cassata cake, which was white cake with fresh strawberries and strawberry cream in the middle with buttercream icing.  It was amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Anita Kline, too. We're doing a cupcake tree! :)
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• edited December 2011
    We used Anita Kline!
  • AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Elegant icing - located right outside of Columbus and we are doing a cup cake tree! She has really good cakes and she is super reasonable and will travel!
  • jenivive2jenivive2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Anita, she is so sweet :)
    Siggy Challenge: Sept 2010 Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

We booked Enticing Icings and so did my best friend. She got married Sunday and the cake was GORGEOUS!! and sooooo good! So def. excited now for ours! She's so flexible, nice and her prices are awesome! She is raising them the beginning of 2011 though.

• edited December 2011
    Sauer Cakes, yum...It is her last name by the way...LOL  The lady at creekside recommended her.
    Holly Loves AVON
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards