North Carolina-Outer Banks

Who Is New Here??

Well heeellloooooo my beautiful ladies and oh-so sweet 1 gent, lol.

I feel like I haven't been on the board much this week and I see some new faces around here.  Can someone bring me up to date on who is who? 

SarahB did a thread awhile back so we could all intro ourselves with our wedding dates, info, colors, theme, etc. so jump on that thread or feel free to add it here.  We must keep track of our obx girls and boy :)

Date? Colors? Theme? Location? Venue? etc., etc.,

This is THE best board and everyone here has been beyond helpful!  I feel like all of you are my 2nd family in a way so intro yourselves newbs :)

Re: Who Is New Here??

• obxlaurakobxlaurak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me! 

Date: September/October 2012
    Colors: No clue but I like kind of a sandy color and sea greenish/bluish color.
    Venue: I'm hoping for the Hilton Pier House.  Need to check it out with fiance!

About me and Fiance: We met in High school, but lost touch until 10 years later.  We moved to the OBX from DE about 2 years ago.  LOVE living here.  Laughing  We got engaged in December and have just started thinking about planning.  We are small business owners of a fine art photography gallery which we opened in May (hence why it's taken 7 months to even think about planning the wedding!).  We also both have full time positions so we are very busy!
  • edited December 2011
    I couldn't find the thread but I love taking about it and I think my friends may be a bit annoyed so, I'll share again:
    Date: August 15th
    Colors: dark pink and grey
    Location: A house in Duck on the sound side- probably on the patio
    Caterer: Red Sky
    Cake:  No cake- we're getting Duck Donuts (we have wedding rubber duck caketoppers)
    Officiant: Rev Jay
    Flowers:gerbera daisies from HArris Teeter
    Lisa Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • eeforbeseeforbes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too!

Date: June 2, 2012
    Officiant: family friend
    Colors: not sure yet, navy and either pink or green I think
    Cake: Patticakes!
    Flowers: Sugar Snap
    Photographer: Matt Lusk
  • edited December 2011
    Hello! I'm Jessica, my fiance and I live in Durham, NC and can't wait to come to the OBX again!

Date: May 24th 2012 (yes a Thursday!)
    Location: Oceanfront house for ceremony on beach and reception at house
    Photographer: from Wilmington- he is a steal and his photographs are amazing!
    Officiant: haven't gotten that far yet
    Colors: maybe a light green??- I want to see what works best on my lady friends!
    Flowers: just starting to check- would love to hear where others get theirs and the pricing for what you are getting
    Cake: same thing as above, please share!
    Catering: contemplating doing it ourselves- yes we may be a bit crazy... would be interested in hearing where others are going and how much it is costing.

Okay---Sorry for asking for so much help- I found this board yesterday and was just delighted to meet such a great group of ladies (and one gent as I hear it).

Please feel free to share ideas, etc. I'm also interested in buying used decorations, etc. if anyone wants to spread the wealth!

Cheers,
    Jessica
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • llilleyllilley member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Valetta09 I'm from Durham and we're getting married May 25!!!  What house are you using?
  • edited December 2011
    Hiya llilley, 
    Can't remember the name- it is in Corolla- my fiance is tracking that part of it! What about you? So you're having a Friday wedding yes? Sounds fun! We could meet for coffee and talk weddings sometime! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @obxlaurak- where in DE are yall from? i'm also from DE & live in the Greensboro area!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:f6ba41a7-439b-4b1e-bf26-e27e57630eefPost:afa7fc38-f6b4-49ad-8a4f-9a3fba29f85a">Re: Who Is New Here??</a>:
    [QUOTE]@obxlaurak- where in DE are yall from? i'm also from DE & live in the Greensboro area!
    Posted by WhitKD711[/QUOTE]

I was about to ask her that too.  I lived in DE for a little while with a friend of mine who's been there since she was 10.
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Lovely Ladies & Congrats!

obxlaura- What a sweet romantic story! Meeting in HS and then reuniting 10 years later, amazing! How cool that you guys run a gallery too. I would love to check it out when we are in town for our October Wedding. You'll have to PM me the address.

ldybug- LOVE your Duck Donuts idea! How original! And your wedding is so soon, how exciting :)

eeforbes- You will love SugarSnaps for your flowers, they totally rock. They are doing our flowers too and I have heard brides rave about them over and over. I saw that you're in the DC area too, like me. We are actually in MD, but only about 20 min from downtown. What about you?

Jessica/Valetta- Congrats & welcome! Love your ideas so far, and a Thursday wedding is a great idea! Hope we can help with vendor reviews for you. I like your idea of catering it yourselves actually. Do you have some family members who can help prepare food? I think it could totally work. For a florist, I recommend SugarSnaps- as I mentioned above. Cannot go wrong with them. Would love to know what house/houses you are looking at too.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome Ladies :)

My name is Kelly. 

Jessica and Valetta - I am getting married May 26th 2012.  We are all right in a row.  We are staying at an oceanfront house in South Nags Head and getting married at 108 Budleigh.  This venue is SO great for us.  Its beautiful and we can bring our own liquor.  That is a VERY important feature to our budget!  Valetta - we are using the Black Pelican for catering (about $6000 for 100 people - but they are very good at working with budgets.  That also includes all food, apps, plates, barware, regular sodas and all bar mixers and fruit)  We are using Great Cakes for our cake.  I keep hearing people rave about their Key Lime Bliss Cake.  We'll finally try it this summer.  They ship samples for $25.  Sugar Snaps for floral.  They were awesome about working with my budget of $600.  I did have to sacrifice though.  I will carry a smaller 8" bouquet and my 6 bridesmaids will carry small bunches of orange gerberas.  It does include one large arrangement and all boutonnieres (9) and corsages (5).

ldybug - I LOVE your idea of Duck Donuts for a cake!  I was going to see if they would sell me individual doughnut coupons or low amount gift cards for my OOT bags :)

eeforbes and sarah - also DC area :)  We are in Northern VA though, Leesburg to be exact.  FI is active duty Army though.  He is in Korea, next year we'll be headed to Fort Meade, MD for three years.  We are also using Sugar Snaps and Matt Lusk
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:f6ba41a7-439b-4b1e-bf26-e27e57630eefPost:afa7fc38-f6b4-49ad-8a4f-9a3fba29f85a">Re: Who Is New Here??</a>:
    [QUOTE]@obxlaurak- where in DE are yall from? i'm also from DE & live in the Greensboro area!
    Posted by WhitKD711[/QUOTE]

I'm from Newark, You? 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh and here is a link to our gallery.  My fiance is the photographer.  I know nothing about it, I am just the cheerleader.  =)

www.matthewsgibson.com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS - that gazebo on the opening page is where we got engaged.  =)  It was so perfect! 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ldybug - I love the Duck Donuts cake idea!  Yum!

keb2482 - I went to an event once and Black Pelican catered.  Very, very good!!!
  • mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You mean New-ark.  I stayed in Rehoboth for a bit with a friend and did the beach thing.  She now lives in New Castle and is coming to the wedding.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, yes, New Ark.  Not New-urk.  That's NJ.  =) 
  • llilleyllilley member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Valetta I PM'd you my email addy!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:f6ba41a7-439b-4b1e-bf26-e27e57630eefPost:efe909c3-c32b-4c47-9d10-c1792314e057">Re: Who Is New Here??</a>:
    [QUOTE]ldybug - I love the Duck Donuts cake idea!  Yum! keb2482 - I went to an event once and Black Pelican catered.  Very, very good!!!
    Posted by obxlaurak[/QUOTE]

Awesome!  This is great to hear!  Good luck on your wedding...very close :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • eeforbeseeforbes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For those around DC, we are actually in Alexandria.  Not far from you guys at all!!  I am really excited about all of our vendors.  I think my favorite so far is Emily Patti from Patticakes.  We loved her cake and she is literally the sweetest person.

Who is everyone's favorite vendor so far? 
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Just wanted to drop in and waves ~~hi~~ to everyone!  This is a P&R (post and run for Philly, lol) but I promise to catch up things over the weekend and get back to all of you wonderful brides & groom :)

It's been a crazy week at work, my father is coming in town and I have no water at the house....had to replace well pump so I lost my sanity about 6 hours ago!  I need a huge bottle of wine and long night's sleep.

I luvs you all will talk to you soon!

xoxoxo

• edited December 2011
    I'm from Bear, originally from New Castle. Small world!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny!  Where did you go to HS?
  • edited December 2011
    LOL OBX, you trouble maker you. Wink 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jlbeuckejlbeucke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi all!! 

My name is Jamie, FI is Mike.  We are getting married on the beach at this house
    www.playtimeatthebeach.com on October 22, 2011 and I am SUPER excited!!

The house is in Emerald Isle, NC, which seems to be a tad bit away from the OBX where everyone else is planning.  I am planning everything from Kansas City, MO and I am fortunate to have a SIL (who owns the rental house) and is very helpful!!

We JUST decided we are getting married on the beach (decided not to wait for an annulment here) and so we rushed out the Save the Dates and I feel like I am so behind in the planning! 

Our colors are blue and brown, and it will be beach themed.
    I have no idea where I'm holding the reception.  (Ideas welcome!!)
    No idea who my photographer will be.  I've called a few, only one I've called is not yet booked and waiting on a quote from her.
    I do know I'm getting my cake from Cakes by Chris who has been great!

and I do have plane tickets!!

I've been lurking, and Bonder has been kind enough to send me the program template (thank you!!)
  • yanmommayanmomma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Everyone!

I've been lurking for a bit but this is my first time posting.

I'm Yani and my FI's name is Michael. We're getting married on 9/23/11 on the beach in front of our rental house in Corolla.

Sad to say we don't have all of the details worked out yet and it's getting a but stressful. We were going to have the reception at our rental house but it is not an event house so we are leery of having it there now.

Most of the guests are family so we were planning on doing our own cooking and having a barbecue for the food.
  • JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Yani, welcome!!  Don't stress, we are here to help, just let us know what we can do! 

Congrats!!! 
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Helllloooooo everyone!  Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July holiday!  It rained here in RIC so fireworks were postponed until tonight....we felt as if the rest of the country was shooting off the works and celebrating while we just sat inside and watched the rain pour down....like a kid sitting on the sidelines or something, lol.

Guess what???  Invitations are going in the mail THIS WEEK!!  WOOOHOOOO!!!  Can ya tell I'm a bit excited...he he he :)

obxlaura~~yes, a very sweet story of you and the FI.  And can I add how jealous I am that you live in the obx?  Ahhhh...how sweet life would be :)  Very neat that your FI is starting out in the photography business.

ldybug~~LOVE the "duck" theme you have and doing the donuts....even better!  ;)

Forbes~~Great choice with Matt Lusk!  I really wanted him but he was booked already....love his ocean/natural shots

Val~~Welcome!!  Like Sarah said, you have some great ideas & if your family is willing to help out with the cooking/serving, then I say go for it!  This IS the most helpful board on TK and everyone here is more than willing to share ideas, give opinions and feedback and suggest vendors, etc.  Glad to have you with us!

I think it's really neat that Val, Llilley and Keb are all 3 back to back weddings!

SarahB lives near DC too and my sister and her hubby have a part-time apartment in the Arlington area.....I'm seeing a DC GTG in the near future!!!  How fun!!!  :)

Jlbeucke~~Emerald Isle is such a beautiful place and nice perk with the SIL owning the house...that makes things much easier!  I like your choice of colors and I may have a lot of seshells & starfish (my theme) to sell after the wedding if interested.  "Boderboo" is my mom and she just loves being on the board with all of the girls....and Philly too of course! 

YAN~~Yayyyyy for 9/23 b/c that means you are 1 week after me!  Ok, take a big deep breath throughout the rest of the planning and lean on any and all of us for help, advice, venting, etc. along the way.  We are all more than happy to help in any way that we can.  What is next on your checklist??

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @OBX2011 - life is very sweet but let me tell you...I miss Kohl's and Target! Cry  My commute to work is also about an hour, so while I wouldn't trade living here for the world, there are some drawbacks. 
  • edited December 2011
    OBX - when is your actual wedding date?  I know that you have posted it before...so sorry that I am asking again.
    Our date is 9/18/11...we must be close?

Also...I literally just put my invites in the mail today!  Glad that we are on the same page!

Welcome to all the new brides too!!  These girls are great on here....so...ask away! 
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    edited December 2011

Flip....I am 9/16/11 so we are only 2 days apart!  Yayyyy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards