Connecticut

DIY Invites?!?

Ok for real...how hard are they?? I am planning on attempting them for our WP invite little party we are having this summer & if they do not go well I was going to bag it for the wedding.

If you DIY part or all of your invites, how hard were they? Did you DIY them all or get some pieces done for you??? Pics???

TIA!
~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: DIY Invites?!?

• Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think they were too hard, but i also had the main invitation/rsvp cards printed for me. there was no way i was going to attempt printing. I pretty  much just assembled everything.

Pretty much, I would do one step at a time...one night i would put all of the invitations on the colored mats, the next night i would put all of the mats/invitations on the pocket fold...and so on.

I have pictures in my planning bio...
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Alise!

I am thinking C&P for the wedding! I love the pocketfolds. You go the paper from your friend's Mom & she printed them?? That is the part that I am worried about--the layout & printing--Photoshop gets on my nerves!!! LOL Yours looks great!

For this July though I am thinking maybe trying to do something through Vistaprint if I don't like what I do for DIY.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah, i was really lucky that my MOH designed them for me (she does stuff for her company all of the time), and her mother printed them...

I'm actually thinking about DIY invites for an anniversary party i want to throw for my parents this summer, but i'm just trying to figure out how to print them haha. I might just end up doing vistaprint.

...I used Vistaprint for the RD invites, and my mom used them for the shower invites..i also used them for our personalized thank you cards and photosharing cards haha...ohh! and I got our new address labels for free haha...
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    They aren't hard, just a little time consuming. We printed everything out ourselves (you've seen them and the piles), and the assembly is taking some time. And I have also gone through 12 rolls of tape and need to go out and get more.

Kim, if you want help I would be willing to try and help you out, I had a blast designing our stuff!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine won't be too bad at all because I took the easy way out and ordered my pocketfolds from Cards & Pockets. The pocketfolds themselves come fully assembled, you just have to mount the invitations yourself. I'm even having them print for me because we don't have a printer at home so I would have had to do it at work and I don't need people at work starting to ask about the invitations and open up that can of worms. Plus I'm not computer savy at all so it was a relief to have them print for me. I'm awaiting my proofs this week, and then we will submit our order for the printed stuff and I can finally start assembling everything. So, I designed the invitations and the inserts myself and sent them the files for them to print.

Melissa: Yours came out AMAZING! I wish I could have made something that amazing from scratch!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much Kate!! I had a blast doing it, I think I found my niche!
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using C&P.  I was going to do the pocketfolds, but realized that even though I'm crafty, I honestly don't know that I have enough time to do all the assembly.  I have so much on my plate right now.  I opted to do a panel invite instead.  It's a layered invite though, so I'll have to mount the invite to two other mats and then to the panel.  The RSVP is also mounted.  I had C&P do the layout and printing. Bonnie and John are awesome to work with.  We've seriously emailed back and forth 30 times and they've always been sweet and accommodating.  They're very reasonable with the custom stuff.  I'm happy that I did that rather than try to do the printing myself.  I think I'll take all the other inserts (accom, directions, rsvp, envelope) and do a belly band or ribbon around them so that they're not just floating around in the envelope.  That's my compromise for giving up my beloved pocketfolds. lol.  Oh, and one hint... look through their design blog.  If you see any designs there that you like and you don't feel like designing yourself, they will print that design for you customized w/ your info and changes.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Vista print...I just got my save the dates for free as well as address labels :)

Depending upon how they come out I might use them for my inviites as well!
    Anniversary
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_diy-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:f2b33c8f-1ce7-427b-8d50-6e1b634cc022Post:343a530e-c7c5-46c8-bf8a-beef6fc81c29">Re: DIY Invites?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using C&P.  I was going to do the pocketfolds, but realized that even though I'm crafty, I honestly don't know that I have enough time to do all the assembly.  I have so much on my plate right now.  I opted to do a panel invite instead.  It's a layered invite though, so I'll have to mount the invite to two other mats and then to the panel.  The RSVP is also mounted.  I had C&P do the layout and printing. <strong>Bonnie and John are awesome to work with.  We've seriously emailed back and forth 30 times and they've always been sweet and accommodating.  They're very reasonable with the custom stuff. </strong> I'm happy that I did that rather than try to do the printing myself.  I think I'll take all the other inserts (accom, directions, rsvp, envelope) and do a belly band or ribbon around them so that they're not just floating around in the envelope.  That's my compromise for giving up my beloved pocketfolds. lol.  Oh, and one hint... look through their design blog.  If you see any designs there that you like and you don't feel like designing yourself, they will print that design for you customized w/ your info and changes.
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]

Yes they have been amazing and very accomodating!
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i did my own.  a PP said they aren't hard...just time consuming.  i FULLY AGREE.

i got a kit from Joanne Fabrics and did EVERYTHING.  i printed them, assembled them, addressed them...the whole 9 yards.  it takes a long time to get it all done, but it's not hard at all.  i sent out probably 30 invites, give or take a few, and it took me a good 15-20 hours...
  • edited December 2011
    I have 140 invites, I've been working on them for probably 12 hours now, not even close to being done. Although I might be complaining, I am having a good time doing them =)
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
  • MeridenBrideMeridenBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought a kit for invites from Joannes, but I am adding colour and embellishments on my own.  I bought paper and tiffany blue coloured reply envelopes to add some personality to the otherwise plain invite.
    I also bought stamps and embossing powder to make fancy seals (that came blank with the kit) to make it look more professional.
    I only have to make about 50 invites, so I do 10 complete invtes each weekend so I don't get bored or sloppy.

Happy Crafting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards