Nevada-Las Vegas

Mandalay late checkout on suites?

Has anyone had success in scheduling a late checkout on a Mandalay suite?  Our wedding is at 4 PM and I'm getting a Media Suite for me and the groomsmen to hang out in the night before and during the day getting ready but would not want to be forced out of it until maybe 3pm; of course checkout is 11 or noon.  Just wondering if anyone's tried a late checkout before and had success, even if there's a fee.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

Re: Mandalay late checkout on suites?

• edited December 2011
    I know several of the other MGM properties allow a late checkout.  The fee goes up according to the time you want to check out.  I had to contact the front desk after being in the room to get these options.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think with the Vista and Media Suite they might not always accommodate late check out since there is the possibility of another person already booking the room. We had late check out for our regular room, but that was because I very nicely told them that I need to have a room until my Vista Suite was ready and that my hair and make-up were getting done...

So I would try and ask them before hand.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    Are you moving to another suite there that night? It might work that you can have late check out at the Media Suite until your next room at MB is ready.
  • kareevankareevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the media suite last saturday (20th) and the late check out fee was one nights stay rate. so my suite was $490 and the late check out was that too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mandalay-late-checkout-suites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6074be40-9301-4453-896a-96e71aa48899Post:73a1c6f5-934b-495a-9653-b5a12dba0ace">Re: Mandalay late checkout on suites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you moving to another suite there that night? It might work that you can have late check out at the Media Suite until your next room at MB is ready.
    Posted by dvohnout[/QUOTE]

Yeah, move from media suite to sky view suite.  FI doesn't want to start our honeymoon in the same suite me and the boys were partying in all day so I'll carry it an extra night if I have to but a check out of a few hours late would make that unnecessary.  I'll call and talk to them about it, I'm booking all the rooms this week.  Maybe I can get the group reservations people to be nice to me since I'm booking all the wedding party's rooms too.

• edited December 2011
    Let us know what they say because I'm going to be in the same boat. We have the L-Suite booked for an in-suite and are also staying there for our wedding night.  We're going to move back to our standard THEHotel room but would like to not have to rush out of there.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Should be able to find out later this week; lost my wallet this past weekend so I'm waiting on new credit cards so I can book the rooms lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards