Indiana-Indianapolis

Wedding Venue--Hendricks County

Does anyone have any good ideas for places to have our ceremony in May or June in the Hendricks County area?  Preferably outdoors but not definite on that. We would love someplace like Avon Gardens but that is booked until Spring 2013.  Any ideas on something similar?

Re: Wedding Venue--Hendricks County

• edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Friendship Gardens in Plainfield.

Here is a link to their website.
    http://www.townofplainfield.com/main/index.php?dept=14&action=7&page=1&id=804

Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there! I am getting married in May at Martha's Orchard. It's very low-key place and the couple who own it are very nice. I've been to a wedding there in October and it was under the apple trees. Bonus - they allow outside vendors! 

• athlete010688athlete010688 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's another place in Avon as well  I think it's something like Avon Perennials or something to that effect..  There's a couple of golf courses too.  Twin Bridges Golf Course.
    Anniversary image

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• edited December 2011
    Have you thought about Ellis Park - only down side is that it's right next to the highway.  Twin Bridges in Danville is really nice. There's also Prestwick Country Club in Avon. Or there's the Fair Grounds.

I live in Avon but we're getting married downtown next December.
  • If you aren't stuck on having it outdoors, Serendipity in Plainfield is nice.  My husband and I got married there in May 2009.  A lot of things have changed there since then but the owner is still the same and she's a very nice Christian woman.  She allows you to decorate however you want and bring in anything in that you'd like.  The only requirment is you do your food with her (cheapest for dinner time is $14 per person).  Cake, flowers, decorations and liquor she can provide but isn't required, you may bring it in or pay for her to provide.  I wouldn't recommend her doing your cake tho...my cake looked like I made it myself and i'm not very artistic at all, it was delicious but sloppy looking. Surprised
  • Not sure if you're still looking but Avon Washingtown Township Park has a new Pavillion Building they built. It's gorgeous and overlooks a pond. Ceremony can be outdoors on the back patio and reception right inside! Not necessarily a garden-ish place but they have wooded areas/tall grass areas around there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards