Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

New Years Poll

If anyone is around....

1) Any fun plans for New Year's Eve?

2) Do you have any New Year's Eve or New Year's Day traditions?

3) Are you happy to see 2009 go, or was it a good/memorable year for you?

4) Any New Year's resolutions?

5) If you make resolutions, did you keep last year's?

6) Best and/or worst New Year's Eve/Day memory?

7) What's for dinner?

8) Totally random: When eating leftover pizza, do you reheat it, eat it at room temperature, or eat it cold?

Re: New Years Poll

• edited December 2011
    1) Any fun plans for New Year's Eve? We're going over our pastor's apt. to play board games and hang out. Low-key, cheap, and close!

2) Do you have any New Year's Eve or New Year's Day traditions? Besides the usual pork on New Year's Day, my parents and I always used to go out for Chinese on NYE b/c that is my parents' anniversary. I'd like to start a tradition like that with DH.

3) Are you happy to see 2009 go, or was it a good/memorable year for you? I am sad to see 2009 go b/c it is the year we got married. Also, I am anxious (in a bad way) about what 2010 will bring in regards to my grandfather (I am pretty sure he will pass away at some point this coming year).

4) Any New Year's resolutions? Still working on these, but here are some general ones: read the Bible daily, exercise 2-3 times per week, call my friends and family more, and get the apt. and our finances more organized.

5) If you make resolutions, did you keep last year's? Nope- I never keep them all.

6) Best and/or worst New Year's Eve/Day memory? Not a best or worst, but my most memorable NYE thus far was last year. It was DH and I's first NYE here in DC, and we decided to go to some random bar in the middle of nowhere. DH thought we could take a short cut through the parking lot, so we're walking and all of a sudden a car starts chasing us. Here, we were at the US Naval Observatory and too close to the VP's house!  They had to run our IDs and question us, then let us go. Terrifying and embarrassing, yet kinda funny a year later!

7) What's for dinner? Left-over ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls, courtesy of my mom.  Smile

8) Totally random: When eating leftover pizza, do you reheat it, eat it at room temperature, or eat it cold? Room temperature (I had leftover pizza for lunch, so that's what inspired the question!)
  • edited December 2011

Hmm.. This is still up in the air. We might go see a friend's band play, only thing is the friend is my ex so I haven't introduced this option to FI yet. It's been many years and we've both moved on (obviously), but I'd like to go because the band is good! Another option is to have a low key get together at my MOH's house, playing cards, and just hang out.

No, but now I want one.

I'm so happy to say goodbye to 2009! It's been a great year, but bring on 2010! I'm having so much fun planning our wedding and can't wait to get married.

To join a gym and tone up.

I didn't make any last year.

The best NYE I ever had was when a couple friends and I threw an end of the world party for 2000.

7) What's for dinner?
    Not sure yet. Probably something soft for FI, he has a toothache. :(

8) Totally random: When eating leftover pizza, do you reheat it, eat it at room temperature, or eat it cold?
    Reheat

image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1) Any fun plans for New Year's Eve? Negative.  DH works until 10 so I'll be asleep on the couch and he'll wake me up when the ball drops.

2) Do you have any New Year's Eve or New Year's Day traditions? Pork, for sure.  But that's about it because usually I'm working NYD.

3) Are you happy to see 2009 go, or was it a good/memorable year for you? It was a good year but I'm read for 2010.

4) Any New Year's resolutions? None yet but maybe.

5) If you make resolutions, did you keep last year's? Negative.  I kept it for about 2 months.

6) Best and/or worst New Year's Eve/Day memory? Best memory was with one of my best friends at his house in Detroit with a few of his friends.  There weren't many of us but it was great.  And then New Years Day we got a hotel room in down town Detroit and partied there alllll day. 

7) What's for dinner? Left over pizza from last night.

8) Totally random: When eating leftover pizza, do you reheat it, eat it at room temperature, or eat it cold?  Cold usually.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• jms173jms173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I may be late to this but.....

1) Any fun plans for New Year's Eve?  Usually just a small get together at my parent's house.. we have fun, eat, play cards, and watch the ball drop.

2) Do you have any New Year's Eve or New Year's Day traditions?  Hmmm, not really

3) Are you happy to see 2009 go, or was it a good/memorable year for you?  2009 was good -- I have no complaints -- I graduated college and found a good job.. but I am DEFINITELY looking forward to 2010 and getting married!! =)

4) Any New Year's resolutions?  To make less mistakes at work..

5) If you make resolutions, did you keep last year's?  I don't think I made any last year..

6) Best and/or worst New Year's Eve/Day memory?  Best = actually being able to spend NYE with FI last year and kiss at midnight

7) What's for dinner?  My mom made meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and veggies

8) Totally random: When eating leftover pizza, do you reheat it, eat it at room temperature, or eat it cold? Usually eat it cold =)
  • edited December 2011
    1) Any fun plans for New Year's Eve? Probably just a small get together at my house for my friends who decide not to go out (most of them are single and are still into going out all the time)

2) Do you have any New Year's Eve or New Year's Day traditions? Just Pork nothing out of the ordinary

3) Are you happy to see 2009 go, or was it a good/memorable year for you? 2009 was a great year so many good things have happened this year but 2010 is the wedding so its just as exciting

4) Any New Year's resolutions? Definitely, definitely, definitely lose weight!!! and also would like to quit biting my nails for good

5) If you make resolutions, did you keep last year's? I dont think I made any last year

6) Best and/or worst New Year's Eve/Day memory? Cant really think of a best or worst but last years was pretty good, just low key with FI and our "couple" friends

7) What's for dinner? I made tortellini soup, Yum!

8) Totally random: When eating leftover pizza, do you reheat it, eat it at room temperature, or eat it cold? reheat usually, sometimes cold
  • edited December 2011
    I know this is too old for anyone to read, but I'm bored! So I'm responding anyway! lol

1) Any fun plans for New Year's Eve?getting a cabin in the Laurel Highlands with some friends for a long weekend! I'm super excited!

2) Do you have any New Year's Eve or New Year's Day traditions? no, but I would also really like to start some! FI hates pork and sauerkraut- so can I come over and eat some with you Gina?! lol

3) Are you happy to see 2009 go, or was it a good/memorable year for you?I loved 2009! But I'm excited and nervous for 2010, its a huge year for me

4) Any New Year's resolutions?yes actually, be more organized, don't procrastinate, start going to the gym twice a say, stop biting my nails, and start caring more about what I look like

5) If you make resolutions, did you keep last year's? I kept all but one: I got a good job, I started being nicer to people (lol), but I didn't read the entire Bible... not even close

6) Best and/or worst New Year's Eve/Day memory?best is the first NYE I spent with FI, I got incredibly sick on champagne and we were so uncomfortable sleeping on a couch together- but it was so nice being with him!

7) What's for dinner? last night was pasta, tonight I'm not sure... but I want to use my new crockpot for tomorrow's dinner!

8) Totally random: When eating leftover pizza, do you reheat it, eat it at room temperature, or eat it cold? reheat, in the oven!
  • edited December 2011
    We are headed to a party with lots of college friends - a few are staying with us too.  Should be lots of fun, if I can get my act together to actually clean my house and get ready for guests.  I should have taken this entire week off, grrrrr.

Pork on NYD, sweeping the hallway/front door area on NYE to "send the new year out" and then opening the front door on NYD morning to "let the new year in", eating a new year's pretzel (which are impossible to find here, sadly) and monkey bread for breakfast on NYD! 

2009 was a good year, but I am sooooo excited for 2010!

I've only officially decided on trying to be more organized and contain the clutter in my house.  And lose my baby weight, um...soonish after the baby is here.  ;)  And actually update our little website for our family with a picture everyday. 

I made some really random ones last year...didn't do so well.  Although I did give up caffeine successfully and drink a lot more water now than ever before. 

Worst: I often tend to get really sick on new years....just after all of the stress/fun/craziness of the holidays.  So I've spent many on the couch. 
    Best:  DH and I have had some really fun NYE together - times square, downtown DC, big parties with our friends. 

7) What's for dinner?
    No idea.  I have a doctor's appointment, so whatever I can find afterwards!  :)

I have to reheat it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, I still read your response Sara, even though I am 4 hours late reading it! Tongue out

KRM- those sound like really fun traditions, esp. the sweeping and opening the front door. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Kim!  I have no idea where they came from though.  DH thinks I'm crazy. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • edited December 2011
    1) Any fun plans for New Year's Eve?  We are going to a friend's house with three couples for steak, ribs, shrimp and board games. I'm excited! We didn't have any plans until a few days ago.

2) Do you have any New Year's Eve or New Year's Day traditions? Sleep in. Watch NY day TV. Nothing exciting.

3) Are you happy to see 2009 go, or was it a good/memorable year for you? I didn't love 2009. I was sick a lot and I broke my foot. I'm happy to welcome 2010.

4) Any New Year's resolutions? I'm doing some this year... Lose 20 lbs by year's end, count to ten before I speak when I don't know what to say or when I'm angry, save my change. Not huge, but hopefully I can keep them.

5) If you make resolutions, did you keep last year's? I didn't make any last year.

6) Best and/or worst New Year's Eve/Day memory? Haha. Oh man... embarassing. I was at a party and was making out with a guy on whom I had a crush. He called me another girls' name and I was moritfied!

7) What's for dinner? Popcorn maybe. We'll be at the movies.

8) Totally random: When eating leftover pizza, do you reheat it, eat it at room temperature, or eat it cold? Interesting... I reheat the first piece and then eat the second piece cold. :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards