Honeymoon Discussions

honeymoon to South Pacific after May 28th wedding?

Just curious if any other brides are looking to go to one of the islands around this time frame and where they are looking at going. I have always pictured my honeymoon being somewhere exotic, tropical, like out of a movie or something. Anyway I am determined to make our stay in one of the over-water bungalows and just wanted some feed back. I'm looking into all inclusive places....

Re: honeymoon to South Pacific after May 28th wedding?

• there are really no all-inclusive places in the south pacific(or at least in tahiti); and it's very pricey, esp. for the OWB's. We are going to Moorea and Bora Bora in begininning of june next year fo rour honeymoon and i've been doing exhaustive research on it. It will actually cost more than what we expect to pay for our wedding! But soooo worth it, in my opinion!
  • girlinchicagogirlinchicago member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Look into Likuliku Lagoon Resort in Fiji.  They are a boutique luxury adults only resort, the only one in Fiji to have the overwater bungalows.  While they're not traditionally all inclusive (your meals are included but not your drinks,) it might be a really close match!  We just stayed there in July and it's beautiful.  It's winter in Fiji right now, so you'll also luck out in that respect.  It's comfortably hot without the humidity and drier than the summer months.

I will say that it's an expensive place to stay, but less so than Bora Bora; you get a lot more for your money in Fiji.  The food is, no lie, the best I've ever eaten in my life and my H and I are definitely foodies.  Lots to do or you can just relax all day, snorkel off the deck of your bungalow, sipping champagne and eating the canapes they bring to your room every afternoon. 
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Just an FYI (because I never knew this) there are no over water bungalows in Bali. So don't go there if you have your heart set on that :)

BUT, we are going there and I'm super excited. Its a longer flight than to Fiji or Tahiti but a lot cheaper once you are there.
  • There is no all inclusive in French Polynesia....you can prepurchase meal plan which may include breakfast or breakfast & dinner, and some resorts might include some non-motorized activity (kayak, tennis, etc),....but I wouldn't consider it all inclusive.

We went to Moorea and Bora Bora for our honeymoon this past May and had a wonderful time! We stayed at a garden bungalow in Moorea to save some $, and then splurged on the overwater bungalow in Bora Bora.

Everything there is so expensive since they have to fly in almost everything...but it is trully beautiful...lots of honeymooners, very quiet and peaceful. There are things to do (snorkeling, shark/ray feeding, jet ski, helicopter tour, ATV, 4x4, etc)...but don't expect nightlife/lots of shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards