Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower

My sister and soon to be sister-in-law are planning my bridal shower but we have no idea who gets invited. I couldn't find an answer in previous questions. Could you please help me out??? And do I need to make another registry? How does that work?
IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower

• edited December 2011
    The MOB, MOG, MOH, BM's are invited to showers, though they are not required to attend. Include close relatives and friends as the shower budget allows. Do not invite anyone who will not be invited to the wedding.
    You do not need to make a separate shower registry. Guests may shop from your wedding registry, so make sure there a plenty of choices in the lower price ranges on your registry. And some guests will probably buy gifts that are not on your registry, at all.

• starbuckchicstarbuckchic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A good rule of thumb is to invite any lady attending the wedding, from the MOH to the flower girls.  If your girlfriends completely clash with your aunts and cousins then consider having multiple smaller showers.  I've been to both types (1 big party for all the ladies invited to the wedding, and the co-workers only ones) and they are both fun.

Your wedding registry is the same as your bridal shower registry so you're good there :)  I've been told by other brides to register for 2 gifts per couple attending the wedding, 1 for the shower and 1 for the wedding.  If you register at Macys they have a calculator that tells you if you have enough gifts on the registry.

Have fun!  There are so many fun themes for showers, and don't feel constrained to follow the same color scheme and theme of your wedding.  If you google bridal shower themes or read the forums there are a ton of ideas to help you get started.  FYI the best shower I went to was coed, it doesn't have to be girls only!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:e41d6f52-96ef-4d5b-bcc4-f6f571b15549Post:de29f492-6c58-46bd-95ec-7d2400848ffc">Re: Bridal Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]A good rule of thumb is to invite any lady attending the wedding, from the MOH to the flower girls.  If your girlfriends completely clash with your aunts and cousins then consider having multiple smaller showers.  I've been to both types (1 big party for all the ladies invited to the wedding, and the co-workers only ones) and they are both fun. Your wedding registry is the same as your bridal shower registry so you're good there :)  I've been told by other brides to register for 2 gifts per couple attending the wedding, 1 for the shower and 1 for the wedding.  If you register at Macys they have a calculator that tells you if you have enough gifts on the registry. Have fun!  There are so many fun themes for showers, and don't feel constrained to follow the same color scheme and theme of your wedding.  If you google bridal shower themes or read the forums there are a ton of ideas to help you get started.  FYI the best shower I went to was coed, it doesn't have to be girls only!
    Posted by starbuckchic[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree with this advice.  I don't think that EVERY woman invited to the wedding should be invited to the shower.  It's not a mini-wedding.  it's a shower.

As pp said: you invite MOG and MOG, WP, and your very closest friends and family. I prefer showers to be 20 or fewer people.

Showers typically are small, intimate affairs.  GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    We're having about 14 people at mine.  I've been to a couple that have been larger, and I tend to find them boring.  I definitely wouldn't invite all the women invited to your wedding.  Just your closest friends/family.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Because I live in Hawaii (where my wedding will be) and my shower will be in California (my mother's home) and most of my wedding guests are all over the country, I have decided to invite only the woman who are invited to my wedding who reside in California. This saves the hostesses from making invites for woman who clearly will not attend (like the auntie in NY or the girlfriend in Texas)
    BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards