• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
February 2011 Weddings

3rd time's the charm...

I just got engaged, but it will be my 3rd marriage, and my fiance's second.  He did the big wedding thing before, but my first 2 were very small (one not even in a church!) mostly because we were so young and so poor.  Now, I'm in a much better place both emotionally and financially, and I want to have the big wedding I never got.  My question, though, is this:  is it forwned upon because it's not my first, or his first either?

Thanks!

Re: 3rd time's the charm...

• No, I think it's fine!  The wedding is to show others you are willing to take that next step with the one you love, since you haven't had a big one yet, go for it!!  No one will frown on you, and if you are concerned about it, don't ask for any gifts.....  that may make you feel better then.  but endulge yourself!!
    Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker www.mywedding.com/graigandmarie
  • I think it depends on your circle as to how people feel about it, but I personally don't see a problem with it at all!  If this is your opportunity to have the wedding of your dreams, go for it.  If it matters to you how your family and close friends feel about it, talk to them about it and see what kind of vibe you get.  In the end, if they are on board or if it doesn't matter to you either way, do whatever makes you happy.  Good luck :)
    Married February 26th, 2011 TTC #1 since May 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards