Not Engaged Yet

Contest

We've just been bumped out of first place.  The couple that's in the lead now just got 187 votes in 2 hours & are ahead of us by 37 votes. 

I might cry Frown

Re: Contest

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    They don't have to be friends with me to vote.  They'll just need to like the page & then hit vote!  

We're now down by 52 votes. 

The couple in 1st place got 206 votes in 2 hours, 5 minutes.

I didn't even get that many in the first day of the contest. 

• polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How are they getting votes so so soooo fast??
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know. 

One of my friends on Twitter said he thinks they're cheating. Apparently there are websites you can sign up on to get you votes for contests like this. I really hope if they are Kleinfeld/Gilt City figure that out & they're disqualified.  

I am so upset right now.  Not so much about the dress but my mom & so many people have been working so hard to help us win this.  

We're down by 85 votes right now.  

This couple had 690 votes at 8:30 am.  It's now 10:45 am & they have 933 votes.  How is that possible?

• Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is so freaking lame. I hope Liv is right and you can pull ahead again as the rest of us are allowed to vote. And if it is something fishy I hope they're outed (no pun intended).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I seriously hope that they look at the stats and figure out where the votes came from.  That's just ridiculous.

I'll vote again as soon as I can!  Chin up!
    I french with my man
  • lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_contest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8d0274f3-df93-43b1-9372-b83b086962e4Post:dba8ff0c-82b3-447f-8dd3-fc40c0ebb603">Re: Contest</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just linked to it on my page, and I made BF vote. That couple is getting more votes by the second!  Holy cow!  Ugh.
    Posted by polo1425[/QUOTE]

<div>I linked too!!</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    Goodness...They could have a huge lgbt community voting for them...Hm.

I voted again today. :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I just voted again and posted it on my wall.  Are there any other websites you frequent where you can ask for votes?

ETA: What about the WW community?
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Is this a website like the one you were talking about?

http://getonlinevotes.com/

If so, I don't know if I would consider it cheating.  It's like a "I vote for you, you vote for me" thing.

Here are some other sites with ideas on how to get votes:

http://getonlinevotes.com/top-10-tips-get-online-votes/

http://www.contestmob.com/blog/100-ideas-on-how-to-get-votes-for-online-voting-contests/
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll vote as soon as BF gets off the computer, and I'll log in under his account and vote again. It wouldn't let me vote from my phone, and that's all I had on vacation :(
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    I don't have all that many FB friends since I just made the account, but I am asking all of my friends to vote for you too! I hope you can pull back ahead. There are still two days left.

-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much everyone!!!

The couple that got 300+ votes today is actually using that website.  We found them on it & a few friends of mine contacted GiltCity so we're waiting to hear back about it now to find out if it's allowed.   

I also know the skydiving couple has done something along the same lines but can't find proof of it other than the girl wrote on the couple in first place's wall: "crap stop using my trick lol. should have never told ya haha. well its a race now woman! <3".

I would not use that website personally, I do think it's cheating.  My family & I have worked really hard for our votes.  We didn't just post on some anonymous website & ask total strangers to vote for us, KWIM?  I don't know, maybe I'm being more judgey because we're in 3rd place now. 

• Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you're being judgy. That would upset me that I worked hard to get legit votes and someone goes off and does something slimy like that.

• edited December 2011
    I don't know if it's technically cheating, but I think using those sites defeats the purpose of the contest. You did work really hard for your votes, rdr, and those other couples are taking the easy way out. Very shady.

I'll continue to vote for you until Wednesday!
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!!!  It really means a lot that you're all voting for us each day :)

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Do you have an update from Gilt City?  I can't get on FB since I'm at work.
    I french with my man
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_contest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8d0274f3-df93-43b1-9372-b83b086962e4Post:5414ab19-d14e-4a3d-8f85-91950fde17df">Re: Contest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have an update from Gilt City?  I can't get on FB since I'm at work.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I was just going to ask that too. I can't remember what time I voted yesterday so I keep trying and I guess it was pretty late. I still have to wait to vote again. I've pulled up that page about 100 times today I think to check on the status, lol. As of now she's only down by 45 from that original couple (LGBT group) that was in the lead, and is now down 137 from another couple (skydivers).
    -Ely

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    The response I got from Gilt City was:

"Hi Rachel, were reviewing this w/ our legal team . If we decide it is against the rules then those votes will not be counted."

So I said:
    "Ok so I guess I should steer clear of that voting site just in case at least for the time being? Thanks for getting back to me!"

And then they DMed me (on Twitter, it's like a PM):
    "Hi Rachel, yes i would steer clear of it and we're trying to get it clarified ASAP. thanks for participating! "

So as of now we're in 3rd by over 100 votes.  I'm kind of frustrated because if it ends up being allowed then obviously I will use that website also, these girls have gotten a lot of votes from it.  So right now I sort of feel like I'm at a disadvantage waiting to find out.  If it ends up not being allowed though then I will be very happy haha

PS Sorry for the weird formatting of this post, I copied/pasted from Twitter & this is how it's showing up.

• elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    So they'll be able to figure out how many votes came from that site then? I'm sure they got a ton of votes if they racked them up that quickly, so hopefully they'll just take off the votes they got from the site and you'll pull way to the front again!! If it is allowed, let us know and we can help you out! : )
    -Ely

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    My sister posted the link on her facebook too! She's so sweet. She's in high school and has almost 800 FB friends.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_contest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8d0274f3-df93-43b1-9372-b83b086962e4Post:42526065-b19e-4848-b976-4f32a071b052">Re: Contest</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister posted the link on her facebook too! She's so sweet. She's in high school and<strong> has almost 800 FB friends</strong>.
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

I don't think I even know 800 people, lol. That should help RDR out a lot though if she can get them to vote!! : )
    -Ely

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    Lunar I saw her post on the comments on the voting page & assumed she was related to you because of the last name!! 

Thank you guys so so much! 

I haven't heard back from Gilt yet which is really frustrating.  

The top 4 right now:

LGBT: 1279
    Skydivers: 1268 
    US!: 1175 
    Random couple that just came outta nowhere from BK: 1113

• elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    I've been watching and you're catching up. I just messaged some of my cousins who have about 600 friends and asked if they'd mind helping out and spreading the link too. Hopefully it will help.
    -Ely

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Ely!!! 

That girl in 4th is about to take 3rd place from us :( 

Sean is convinced they're all cheating LOL

• elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    I think they are too. It's not even my contest and I want to take them all out, lol.
    -Ely

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sorry Rdr!  I keep voting for you!  I hope they think it is cheating!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards