Catholic Weddings

~~~Calypso & Riss91 & Any Other NFPers~~~

I saw your discussion about NFP below, and have another question...  I'd love to hear from anyone else, such as GulfCoaster, as well.  Thanks for the help last time ;)

I just started charting and I'm following the rules from TCOYF...  We are TTA this year.  I know it will take a while to really understand what my body's telling me, but it's a little frustrating... 

Here's last cycle's chart:

http://www.tcoyf.com/members/ExpatPumpkin/pccharts/1.aspx

As you'll see, I recorded creamy/lotiony and even EWCM well past the O.  And I started getting it again only three days into the next (current) cycle - while still on my period.  My cycles are always 26-29 days (27 average) and I was only on the BCP for four months - I stopped taking it six months ago. 

So why am I getting this "fertile" CM all over my cycle?  And is it really fertile? 

It's probably important to note that I check internally - so women who check externally would be charting dry for some of the days that I chart creamy, etc.

Re: ~~~Calypso & Riss91 & Any Other NFPers~~~

• bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I check internally as well. I just think you need more time to see the differences because there will be MORE of whatever type of CM there is. It took me a while to REALLY tell the difference between the CM types, especially internally. I've also made an effort to be much more observant of the "lubricative sensation" throughout the day, or however TCOYF puts it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Women who have constant or almost constand fluid may have a condition called "cervical eversion". I chart creighton, so it was really easy to detect... my doctor did a procedure called a "cryo" which is a freezin of the cervix which made it mostly stop. It is wonderful because now (after other issues were fixed) my chart is almost textbook.

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It is possible to get fertile CM even after O. I would make sure you are checking your CM daily, at the same time everyday. Also, make sure you aren't mistaking arousal fluid for CM. It is something you could discuss with your doctor if you feel like you aren't seeing a pattern after a few cycles. I have charting for 6 months now, and I still feel like I can't always pick the right category for my CM.
  • edited December 2011

I haven't heard of cervical eversion, which PP mentioned, but some other potential causes of irregular mucus patterns may include nutrition and night lighting.  I think there is a section on CM in Marilyn Shannon's book "Fertility, Cycles, and Nutrition" (which is an awesome book). 

Beyond the book recommendation, I don't really have any advice other than to keep charting and recording CM at the same time daily.  If you don't see a pattern after this month's chart, you could try to find an NFP teaching couple who could review your chart and offer more advice about the potential causes and possible ways to address it.  GL!

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

i couldnt get your chart to load....

i know for me, it took at least 4 cycles to get a pattern down.  even now, i stlll have some odd readings on my fluids - i also chart internally.

• ExpatPumpkinExpatPumpkin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards