Arizona-Phoenix

Farm or Barn weddings

For the past 2 or 3 weeks, my fiance and I have been pretty set on a wedding at the Farm at South Mountain, but we are starting to rethink it.  Looking at our budget, it makes much more sense to do a mid-day wedding, but the Farm's time slots are a bit restricted.  We haven't asked yet if we could move the morning package a bit later, or the evening package a bit earlier, but based on a few other responses we have gotten, we are expecting either a large fee, or a flat out no.

So, my question is, do you guys know of any other outdoor farm/barn areas?  We have looked at a few place that aren't farm-ish, but my fiance has really fallen in love with the farm idea.  Has anyone been to a wedding at Schnepf Farms?  That is one that we are considering based on their website.  What we both love about the Farm is the pecan grove, so something with a lot of trees could work too.

Thanks!

Re: Farm or Barn weddings

• CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someone suggested Rustler's Rooste to me in another thread.  I've been there several times for dinner with friends and family, but had no idea they did weddings. 

It isn't a farm, but it has the same rustic charm and a fantastic view of the valley.  I was also very pleasantly surprised by the prices compared to other venues.  I'm not sure I'll go with it (I'm also in love with The Farm at South Mountain as a venue!), but if it's just the country "feel" you're looking for, it's worth a look.

(http://www.rustlersrooste.com/weddings/index.html)
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Someone posted about a place, venue at the grove. It sounds like it might be kind of like afarm/country atmosphere.  You can also look at the windmill.  I will keep thinking!
    Photobucket
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I actually went to Rustler's Rooste a lot as a kid (I mean, theres a SLIDE!) and my brother had his rehersal dinner there.  I think it might be a little bit more country than we are looking for, although the view is pretty fantastic.  We want something outdoorsy without being a too much like a campsite, and farm without being too cowboy, if that makes any sense!

We looked a little bit about Venue at the Grove, and then kinda forgot about it.  Maybe I should make an appointment!  The Windmill looks pretty cute, and my fiance's dad actually called us the other day to let us know about Shenandoah Mill.

Thanks for the suggestions!  Looks like I'm going to have to make some more time on my weekends for tours.
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh! I also wanted to share some cute ideas that were on MS a long time ago about barn weddings!

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at Venue at the Grove- it's in South Phoenix. It's really pretty and they have a pecan grove.  The landscape will remind you a lot of back East- trees, grass, but still open.  Also, they don't charge according to season, which is really nice.
  • punkcheesepunkcheese member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend had her wedding at the Shenandoah Mill and I thought it was really pretty. The ceremony was outside and needed little decoration and the reception was inside. Definitely worth checking out.
  • edited December 2011
    Coolio!  Thanks for all the suggestions, I will start making some calls!
  • edited December 2011

If you are willing to travel a little south there is a place in Florence called the Windmill.  I was married there in October and LOVED it.  Their website is www.thewindmillaz.com.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards