Louisiana-New Orleans

A (very) belated intro

Hello New Orleans ladies!

I realized I never officially introduced myself, so better late than never... Here goes: I actually joined TK a few years ago (was not engaged, just curious). Fast forward a few years and I am now engaged (since June) to a wonderful guy - yay! :)  We live in Europe, but I grew up in NOLA, so our wedding will be there. It's a little weird planning it from afar, but my mom has been super helpful and everything is going smoothly so far (fingers crossed).

Thanks to all for your posts - I frequently search for vendors or topics I am interested in and everything has been very helpful - I will try to return the favor.

Re: A (very) belated intro

• RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, welcome & congrats. I'm also planning from afar-- though not quite as far as you! I'm in NYC. Where exactly are you in Europe? We don't actually have and other connection to Nola except that we love there, visit often, got engaged there in May and will be getting married there in February. I've found this board to be the most valuable resource for our planning and all the ladies here are really nice :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Yay congrats!! My FI was raised in the NOLA area and still has lots of family there so that is why we are getting married there. Good luck with your planning.
    April 2012 - October Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also a NYC bride getting married in New Orleans, but all of my family still live in the area.  When is your wedding date?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi .. another NYC bride that just got married in NOLA :-)

Hi Ya'll!
  • edited December 2011

We live in Zurich right now (FI is actually Swiss!) and we're getting married on May 27, 2012 (it's a Sunday, but Memorial Day weekend, so Monday is a holiday).  Took a bit of convincing to get him to agree to a wedding in NOLA, but once he saw pics from Houmas House (our venue), he was sold! :) 

*To the NYC girls - how fun! I love NYC - that's actually where we got engaged :) 

• edited December 2011
    Awesome, and welcome!  My name is Weslie and I'm getting married next year :)  I always like to remind women getting  married about life insurance.  We tend to forget!!  There is a website where you can find tons of information and live licensed life insurance advisors who can help you figure out if you need life insurance and help you find the right policy.  I work for this company and we help a lot of people. It is really easy. Visit our site. http://bit.ly/vwigly
  • citybayougirlcitybayougirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the knot:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards