African American Weddings

I Loathe MY family.....

Give you all a quick rundown as to why they are on my SH*T List:

1) Its 6 days before my wedding and my "Father" has not been fitted for his tux... dont think its a big deal?... He's 6'9"
2) My Grandmother called me yesterday and asked me "Where is the wedding and what time does it start"?? O_o
3) My mom called Friday with an attitude and said "How are me and your sisters going to get to the wedding, why is it so far away" (WTF all of them are GROWN... Why do I have to figure out their transportation, futhermore, they stay in Atlanta, my wedding is in Decatur.... Hmph)
4) My sisters (Dads side) called me and let me know that they are not going to be able to get there hostess dress (Previously told me they had purchased them...)
5) Sent out 150+ invites for my family... received 17 RSVP's... but all of them say they are coming.... (?)

Do I need to continue....

I'm so sick of them... I hope none of the MF'ers show up! I mean it....

The previous message was sponsored by: Deidra doesnt give a damn anymore...!

Re: I Loathe MY family.....

• happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know you are going through it right now and I hope someone will make them realize soon that these little questions do stress you out.  I hate to say "you know how our people can be" so I will instead say no matter what stress you do through now, it will all work itself out on your wedding day.  

80 said yes image
  • edited December 2011
    OMG...I feel the same way. I think we were posting about our families at the same time.  No good.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my...I don't  know what else to say except I hope you can find some way to put that in the back of your mind and focus on your special day. Knottie vibes sent to you to the inth power!
  • edited December 2011
    Preach girl!!! I would have been heated too. I already had to snap on my dad and tell him that no one else is added to the guest list until I get the response cards back, so I told him to stop asking about it. Luckily, we have a security guard so there will be no tomfoolery.
    Birthday Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Wow this is an interesting list of  **OH HECK NO'S** LOL!

Girl I feel you though. Here is my bottom line, I am there, my husband will be there. The preacher will be on time, my music will be the business, Me and my future husband will be looking right....

Everything is Everything...after Winter must come Spring.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well, that stinks that they're giving you the blues right now. But go w/ your sponsor for your message! Just don't give a damn! You are too close to your day; don't sweat the small/annoying stuff.

oh and that is some BULL w/ the 17 RSVPs! I seriously wish I could have a bouncer sometimes for the door, hahaha.

Good luck.

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_loathe-family?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:05c2144a-0746-47b3-84a7-5a7218d39d9ePost:7c4b4539-c707-4adc-8aca-c7b7fff1f503">Re: I Loathe MY family.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow this is an interesting list of  **OH HECK NO'S** LOL! Girl I feel you though. Here is my bottom line, I am there, my husband will be there. The preacher will be on time, my music will be the business, Me and my future husband will be looking right.... <strong>Everything is Everything...after Winter must come Spring.
    </strong>Posted by prettymami2[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Your day is happening whether or not they are on board. Period.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    Man that sucks..but don't worry.

My dad didn't get his tux until the Friday before my Sunday wedding and he is 6'5. Ask around for recommendations or if you have a planner or good friend put her on the task of getting him an appt., thats what I did.

I had tons of folks calling me up until the day before asking me stupid direction questions, its so frustrating..but just woooosaaaa it out...lol

Now that RSVP thing...thats another story thats just ridiculous..but all you can do is brush it off and have a great day!!
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • JONESALLENJONESALLEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wow!  I thought I was going through mess with my RSVP's!  I have received 85 out of 115.  I just don't understand why people won't take the time to READ the invite and RSVP card.  My event is catered and there are 2 meal options.  WHY won't they tell me what they want to eat???  I feel you sista and pray that your day turns out to be all that you invisioned.

• edited December 2011
    Wow I agree pretty interesting.. Except for grandma, I would let it slide bc she is old (i hope) and therefore she misplaced the invite? For everyone else I have no clue what to say. They are all tripping especially your mom (sorry) WTH? How do you know how they are supposed to get there? Just get there.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Wow just wow ! I definantly feel your pain. Dont let them stress you. Whether they are there or not. It will be a great day.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • kahbkahb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SMH at your family's behavior. Grown folks should have more sense. As pp said, you are going to have a magnificent day despite their last minute shenanigans.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry your dealing with all this nonsense 6 days before your wedding.  I just can't belive people act like this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards