Outdoor Weddings

Need a dance floor?

We are planning on have our reception outdoors on my FI's grandpartent's property.  I plan on hiring a DJ for the event so we can have dancing.  I am wondering if we need to rent a dance floor or if we can just dance in the grass.  What do you all think?

Re: Need a dance floor?

• Get the dance floor. Dancing in heels on grass can make for getting stuck easily, it's better to have a flat steady surface.
  • Why are people wearing heels to an outdoor, grass, reception? Heels + Grass = what were you thinking?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_need-a-dance-floor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:4d3c69c9-10bf-407e-b7f2-f0ece214ef11Post:11de3b01-34b0-484f-a7c4-8ff85e70237c">Re: Need a dance floor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why are people wearing heels to an outdoor, grass, reception? Heels + Grass = what were you thinking?
    Posted by anssett[/QUOTE]
    I agree. My reception will be outside and I plan on going barefoot for most of the reception. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited October 2012
    hello,  if it is going to be a very relaxed kind of wedding then I would think that dance floor wasn't necessary.  I would suggest making sure that someone check the whole area for any ants or any other kind of bugs (alot of people are sensitive to bites) and have the area treated for bugs and insects atleast 2 weeks prior to your wedding. And make sure the glass feels good against feet and ankles bc some grass isn't made for dancing on. Sounds like a fun idea! Good luck!
  • no dance floor grass is fine, thats how im doing it..ENJOY YOUR DAY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards