South Carolina-Charleston

Recommendations for a makeup artist

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good makeup artist.  Maybe someone who does airbrush as well.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: Recommendations for a makeup artist

• Jeni1090Jeni1090 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard a lot of people rave about Cover Girl Brides and Beauty by design, both of whom do airbrush.  I have not done trials yet, though.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Karen at Cover Girl Brides, she did my hair and my air-brush make-up. For both myself and my MOH. And she came to us.

She's great to work with, and loves her work. But she is not cheap, just so you know. I dont know what kind of budget you are working with. Good Luck.

ETA: It was hot on my wedding day, and my air-brush make-up lasted from 10AM till I took it off at 11PM. So regardless of who you choose, I prefer the air-brush.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Paloosh Salon. They do airbrush and regular make up and their prices weren't as high as Cover Girl Brides.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am using Elina Mille of bellelina.com.  She did not require me to have a minimum number of girls on the wedding day for makeup like some of the other popular on-site makeup artists.  I think her prices are reasonable too.
  • Mieke7882Mieke7882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How far in advance are you ladies booking your make up/hair style artists and doing test runs. My wedding is October 1, 2011. Do I need to start doing this now? 
  • edited December 2011
    I searched Karen out in October for my May wedding. She books up fast, and as we got closer, we shored up the details. And I didnt have my trial till the Tuesday before the wedding. I live out of state.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Pamela Lesch with Makeup Artist Charleston. She does airbrush make up and has been wonderful to work with so far...I havent had my trial yet but ive heard great things about her which is why i booked her.
  • katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I booked for our April wedding back in June of last year.  April-May and October are the busiest months for weddings in Charleston, so you should book asap.  I am doing my trial about 3 weeks before the wedding and I booked that about a month ago.
  • Mieke7882Mieke7882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all! I called around today and booked my hair/make-up artist! Glad I saw this post! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards