Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Need ideas for ceremony/reception sites in/around Pittsburgh

Hi,

I'm new to the Knot since I just got engaged.  We want to have a small wedding (50-80 people) and we're looking for ideas for ceremony locations as well as reception locations with a homey atmosphere in or around Pittsburgh.  I would prefer to avoid the typical banquet halls and hotels.  We want to get married in late November 2010 and therefore need to have an indoor location.  Also, since we're paying for the whole thing ourselves, we'd like to keep it as affordable as possible.  We're open to the option of having the ceremony in the same location as the reception but that's not mandatory.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Re: Need ideas for ceremony/reception sites in/around Pittsburgh

• morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked the Knottie recommendations under the welcome board post above?

Hopefully there might be some recommendations there that can help you.

The 20th Century Club in Oakland comes to mind for me because of its lovely decor.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so bad at ceremony sites.  Er/jer had a lovely ceremony at Phipps though - have you looked there?

You'll get some more suggestions next week when more people are around! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and congrats on your engagement and welcome to the boards!  I hope you post often!  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm no help with sites either, as my ceremony was at my small church in Penn Hills and my reception was at a firehall in Monroeville. But congrats on your engagement, and good luck as you begin to plan!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also doing church/firehall, but we had looked into the Carnegie Museum, the zoo, Phipps etc.  They may be a little more expensive than you are thinking originally, but most of their packages are all-inclusive and cover tables, food, drinks, rental etc. So for a small reception would be perfect and very nice.  If we were having the numbers you are, we definitely would have gone with a museum, etc.
    Crosswalk
  • arj30arj30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help everyone! I'm looking into Phipps and the 20th Century Club. Anyone know of any smaller locations such as a bed and breakfast?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards