Honeymoon Discussions

Riviera Maya - AI Recommendations?

I think we're skipping the Maui idea, it's just too much $$ for us right now!  We've moved on to Riviera Maya and keep hearing GREAT things about it!  Anyone have an recommendations for AI resorts there?  There are SO many to choose from!  I did speak with a travel agent and she recommended the new Dreams Riviera Cancun resort, it has pretty good reviews on trip advisor.  I was hoping some of you may have other suggestions too!  Thanks!!

Re: Riviera Maya - AI Recommendations?

• we are booking ours at either the secrets capri or the valentin imperial.  we also looked at the excellence playa mujeres, but it was a little pricier.  They all had great trip advisor reviews and were GREAT prices!  i have heard great things about the dreams resorts, but we wanted to be outside of cancun, so we did not consider any that were there, such as the dreams.  good luck, i think you will love it!Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->     it
  • My FI (then boyfriend) and I went to the Excellence Riveria Cancun (actually in Riveria Maya) for a week on vacation and it was fabulous.  I'd assume the Excellence Playa Mujeres would be the same.  I have a sensitive stomach and I didn't get sick once!  The food was fantastic and the drinks were great too.  Surprisingly the French restaurant there was one of our favorites.  We loved the fact that it had a lazy river too.  I would highly recommend the Excellence!  Also - I would recommend going to Xcaret.  It is a really neat place that you get to snorkel through underground rivers and they have a lot of other fun things to do and see there.  Good Luck!
  • We went to the Aventura Spa Palace it is part of the Palace Resorts throughout Mexico.  It was absolutely amazing and I recommend it!  I would check out their website.  I think it is palaceresorts.com. 
  • Applevacations.com is AMAZING!

We're going to Rivera Maya as well and booking through Apple Vacations. The prices are awesome! I got the recommendation from a co-worker who rought pictures in and the photos look just like the ones online. She also said hte food was amazing.

Good luck finding your dream vacation!! :)
  • We're going to the Royal Playa del Carmen. The reviews are amazing and it looks beautiful!
    TEST
  • I've stayed at the Iberostar Lindo, and I loved it! It was beautiful! One of the best things was that you never had to eat dinner at a buffet. I think a lot of all inclusives give you about half of your dinners at the restaurants and half at the buffet. The waves at the Iberostar complex are pretty big which I also found really fun. I've heard that there is a new adults only Iberostar next to the Iberostar Lindo where I stayed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards