Wedding Etiquette Forum

Okay... I will start the Morning thread... so GOOD MORNING...

How is everyone today?

I'm off.   It looks like rain, again.  Enoughs enough.  We rarely get 1 rainy day (normally it's just a 10 min passing shower).  2 or more in a row.   No way.  Actually I think it was a few YEARS ago that happend.  It has rained 4 times in the last 6 days.  Very odd to say the least.  Tourist think we are lying that this is unusual.

What is everyone up to?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Okay... I will start the Morning thread... so GOOD MORNING...

• danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2010
    Haha, you and I were on the same page!!  Good morning!  That sucks about the rain.  I think it's been a really weird winter for everyone everywhere.

I got called for a second interview from the interview I had on Friday, but I've decided the pay cut is just too much.  I'm trying to word an e-mail response to the guy to tell him that while I'm interested, I'm just concerned about wasting their time if they can't negotiate the salary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just read that.  I'm glad you got the second interview.. Too bad about the money issue.   I'm sure something will come through for you.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Good morning.  I'm working.  H turned off my alarm last night, so I almost didn't get up in time.  Thankfully I had to use the restroom, and happened to notice it was brighter in the room than it normally is when I wake up.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Darn you Dani and your mod powers.  I just typed out a super good response and then the thread wasn't available.

good morning everyone. 
  • I'm here. Working. But it's wednesday, so that's a bonus.

My BFF and I booked a mini trip last night for a lodge and spa for a weekend, so I'm PUMPED about that.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I'm here... bored bored bored.  It's snowing today and I just don't feel like being out in it.  I'm ready to go back to our house, if only so I can do laundry!
  • fische - that sounds like fun.  I love spa days.. I'm hoping to have one next week in San Juan.  I figure if I give DH a few hundred dollars to gamble with, he will not lonely when I'm getting a massage.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_okay-will-start-morning-thread-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:11019703-b29c-44e0-9df9-10d4ce5420a7Post:686f8860-5bee-46a1-ac4b-7dfa339387ee">Re: Okay... I will start the Morning thread... so GOOD MORNING...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Darn you Dani and your mod powers.  I just typed out a super good response and then the thread wasn't available. good morning everyone. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

Oh crap, I'm sorry!  When I deleted it, it wasn't showing any posts so I figured I'd save everyone from having to choose between my post and this post, or having to write twice.  My bad.
  • Good Morning, All!

So busy today and I hate it.  I've gotten so much accomplished for the wedding and I'n really happy about that. 

I'm hungry this morning too. 
  • Good morning! Everyone is in today which is great. Yesterday it was just myself and 1 other person. Everyone is sick.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Gooood morning everyone.  I'm just workin', like usual.  Enjoying my dark cherry yogurt parfait.  Yummy.
  • Morning ladies! 

Someone accidently started reconciling out software this morning so I can't do much work for a couple more hours.  That's good and bad I guess!  At least I get to knot!

Downside of today, I have to interview someone today for the first time ever and I'm nervous.  It's not really an interview per se because I'm one of a couple doing it, but I don't do well leading conversations with people I don't know.   That and I have to do it 2 more times this week.  I just don't want to be redundant and repeat all the questions everyone else has already asked.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2013 Books Read 11/52
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (SnShne322)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm working. so much snow and awful road, its still snowing.. but school wasn't canceled...
    And I crashed into a snowbank this morning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Morning girlies!

Nothing much watching doctor oz lol and working on my wedding outline going to see my wedding planner tonight to talk about more details so I wanna make sure im organized, i found my dress on monday so im super happy so im going to update her on that and etc...

sorry to hear that kkchisholm  hope your ok..
  • I'm here but about to go teach my pre-k class.  Fun times.

I've been feeling lightheaded for awhile now and finally went to the doctor yesterday....and there's nothing wrong.  He gave me a script for some meds, but I really don't want to take them.  He also referred me to an ENT, but who knows when I'll be able to set up that appt.  In the meantime, I'm somewhat scared to drive, yet I'm here at work.  I don't have that many sick days left from all my dr appts for the baby so I'll suck it up and deal, but I hate the 40 min all highway commute.  Frown
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Morning little cherubs!

Yesterday was my first full day of a 7 day "detox."  I'm limiting my sugars, carbs and gluten intake so I'm mainly eating fruits, veggies, fish, chicken, pork (no red meat).  Basically no starch, bread, crackers, pasta, etc.  After the first day, I feel GREAT.  I'm kind of craving bread like mad but my energy levels are really through the roof.

It's the kick start I need to get back on the fitness train (wow, that was really corny)!

• CS -  I  heard about the earthquake a few hours ago.  These people can't catch a break.

• Good Morning.

Just here fussing about.
  • Good morning! It's drizzly outside, and that's my favorite type of weather. However, I was rudely awakenedd much before I had to get up, by the incessant barking of my neighbors' dog. Their backyard backs up to our bedroom. I feel sorry for the dog because it's raining outside and he's out there and I can't see around the fence to know if he's got something to get under, out of the rain. Stupid neighbors. I left a note on their door.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Morning all.  I am trying to prep myself to deal with my students while fighting a budding migraine and being tired from only about 5 hours of sleep.  Luckily, it is an early release day for the kids, so I do not have to deal with them for too long.
  • Good morning, ladies. I'm here; looks like my workload might be light today, so hopefully I'll be around all day.
  • haiti has has many many earth quakes after the big on last week.. but none big as this one. Its not uncommon though.
  • I had my ultrasound yesterday. I have a penis in me!! 
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2010
    That is so cool Budda... congrats...  Your due date it my dad's birthday... Good day..

ETA - it's rare to deliver on your due date.  but that date is Flag day also. My dad told us kids that all the flags were out for his birthday.    We believe him for a long time.

• Congrats, Buddha!
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Morning! I just watched Stephen Colbert do his first of a two-part segment on speedskating, which I was in Salt Lake City to watch him film. It was quite funny, and it's great that he's bringing so much attention to the sport.

This is my week to write fellowship and grant applications, so today I'm going to be devoting my time to writing a proposal for some money so I can live this summer and also travel to start my dissertation fieldwork.

Congrats on your son, Buddha!
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Buddha - congratulations!!  I love the little feet!

Kkchisholm - did you hit your head when you crashed into the snowbank?  You've posted twice now and both are terribly poor grammar, weird sentences and stuff.  Should we be worried?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards