January 2012 Weddings

Wedding Dress?

What did you (or your wife) do with your wedding dress? Did you have it cleaned and preserved? Did you just clean it? Are you going to keep it or sell it? Kinda gross, but I haven't done anything with mine. It is sitting in my closet right now and I have no clue what I'm going to do with it.

Re: Wedding Dress?

• Ours is just hanging on the back of the door.  Haven't done anything with it yet.
  • I'm in the same boat. Mine is hanging on the door in our bedroom. I have no idea what I am going to do with it. I am 100% sure I want to keep it, but just not sure I want to spend money for it right now to get cleaned and preserved. You're on the same page as me. I was going to post this question too!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Meg, same here about not wanting to spend the money on it! I got an email from David's Bridal advertising their gown preservation for $99 but I really don't want to plunk down another hundred toward the wedding. I'm debating trying to clean my dress myself. I've read that for some fabrics, it's okay to wash using a gentle detergent.
  • I have mine hanging up right now. I just haven't had the extra money to clean it. Once we do, I'm going to clean it and put it away for my future daughter. If she doesn't wear it, I"ll donate it. That's one thing I wish my mom would have done is save her wedding dress.
    09.27.2007 (the start of a great adventure.) 12.24.2010 (the day he popped the question!) 07.22.11 (the day we added a fur baby: PAWS!) 01.21.2012 (the day we said "I Do.") 07.2012 (the day we decided to start our family!) 11.03.12 (the day we added another furbaby: WEASLEY) "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." ~The Notebook
  • I had mine cleaned. Then I consigned it.  I got it as a consignment dress and I wanted to pass that luck on to some other bride. I thought about saving it for my daughter, but my mom just opened a wedding consignment store. I felt that it was more important to help her out. 
  • Mine is still hanging in my closet. I haven't done anything with it yet. I think I'll just get it cleaned but not preserved. I want to make it part of a baby bassinet one day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine is in a ball in the bag it came in. The bustle didn't hold at the wedding so the bottom got dirty and ripped. I don't know what I will do with it.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Mine is in my closet.
    I kind of want to get it altered so I can wear it again as a really nice cocktail dress...  I like the idea of wearing it again.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • MIne is still hanging in my parent's cedar closet, about 6 inches from where it was before the wedding. Haven't gotten it cleaned yet, because I am debating entering it into some fairs for prize money... Any opinions on that. Of course I am definetly keeping it. And I am going to get it cleaned soon, just don't know If i want to get it preserved immediately, or compete with it first.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_wedding-dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:d217f921-1fd6-441c-982c-505823156ffdPost:5c779c63-c10c-4e26-8601-3b95c89adffa">Re: Wedding Dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]MIne is still hanging in my parent's cedar closet, about 6 inches from where it was before the wedding. Haven't gotten it cleaned yet, because I am debating entering it into some fairs for prize money... Any opinions on that. Of course I am definetly keeping it. And I am going to get it cleaned soon, just don't know If i want to get it preserved immediately, or compete with it first.
    Posted by awarm014[/QUOTE]

I say compete in it if you can....:)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_wedding-dress-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:d217f921-1fd6-441c-982c-505823156ffdPost:355c6490-49d3-46a9-95c3-3e0e2cea9464">Re: Wedding Dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Dress? : I say compete in it if you can....:)
    Posted by jtmh2012[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Thats what everyone is saying. I am just going to have to pay more money to do it...
  • Mine is in the bag, hanging in the closet. I need to get it cleaned and then I'm not too sure what I'll do with it. I love Tara's idea of using it for a bassinet because realistically I just cant see a daughter wearing my dress, who knows.

I may get to participate in a bridal fashion show through the place I bought my dress from... anything to wear it just one more time!
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards