Michigan-Detroit

Ushers & Tuxes

Soooo, I'm coming out of hiding to ask you ladies a question!  Do ushers need to rent a tux for the wedding day or can they just wear a suit??  Just curious because I know tuxes can get expensive....

Re: Ushers & Tuxes

• edited December 2011

I think most wear a tux but we're not going to go that route.  It's just too expensive and in my opinion not worth it.  I'm going to ask our ushers to wear dark suits and we'll probably get them ties in our color scheme. 

• edited December 2011

Our ushers wore tuxes. I kinda wish they hadn't because it really wasn't necessary. I think I was in too much of a bridal mode to realize it. Both were friends of mine, not DH's. We actually got a good rate for our GM & ushers, but really...they didn't need the expense.

• Kimbus 87Kimbus 87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think its necessary. I think that were going to just give them a tie thats similar to the ties that the gm are wearing
  • sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just have 1 usher. It's my brother, whom we had asked to be a GM (along with his wife as a BM) but they declined for financial reasons. Obviously I want to be conscious of expenses for him, even being an usher. So, I'm going to just have him wear a suit and we'll get him a tie that matches what the GM's are wearing. I don't think it's necessary that the ushers wear tuxes. I think it's all personal preference though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also are not requiring our ushers to rent tuxes and will be giving them a tie to match the rest of the GM.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • edited December 2011
    We plan to give them the option if they want to but if not they can just wear tuxes and call it a day.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards