North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Flowers!! i need help finding a good, AFFORDABLE florist in the raleigh area.

of course i want my flowers to be gorgeous, but i need a florist who is affordable, and easy to work with. suggestions, please!! thanks.

Re: Flowers!! i need help finding a good, AFFORDABLE florist in the raleigh area.

• tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of course, all depends on your definition of affordable . . .  .  I'm working with Tre Bella in Durham.  They came in at my budget--which I don't think was very high.  One benefit for me is that I'm only having one attendant and a flower girl, so that saves on several expensive arrangements.  I also was clear about my budget and they were great about coming up with a combination of arrangements that worked within that budget.  Plus, and more important, Becky is soooo nice!!
  • dunes2010dunes2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would HIGHLY recommend Marsha from MEWS-Designs in Raleigh (http://mews-designs.com/home/). She got me a really nice vintage look that I wanted and it was on my budget.  Her speciality seems to be finding great flowers on a small budget.  Send me a private message if you'd like to see pictures of my wedding flowers - I'll be happy to share!
  • aarro9fnaarro9fn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Costco...seriously!  They do special orders and have beautiful flowers! The company that supplies their flowers is called Native. Their flowers are also in Whole Foods and Trader Joes. The Flower rep @ the Costco in Raleigh is Jill and the rep for the Durham Costco is Sam. They are both awesome! My mother used to be the rep in Durham and since took the job in Charleston SC. These ladies do not work for Costco, they work for Native. They can help you and the prices are very affordable!!  

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I would check out North Raleigh Florist. There really great to work with. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I went with Tre Bella.  I was clear about my budget and they were awesome about making suggestions to bring down the budget so I wouldn't have to sacrifice everything I wanted to stay in budget. Plus Becky is really sweet, you'll be really happy.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_flowers-need-finding-good-affordable-florist-raleigh-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:606Discussion:bcd375e0-7490-413a-a063-cf3e5848507aPost:a5b8404e-c44a-414d-b491-cf65b27f71e3">Re: Flowers!! i need help finding a good, AFFORDABLE florist in the raleigh area.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would check out North Raleigh Florist. There really great to work with. 
    Posted by aah009[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed :) </div>

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • estee7301estee7301 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should look into Victorian Seasons in Apex, she by far has the bext prices around!
  • KateeamberKateeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a very small budget for flowers and I refused to spend a dime over. I had worked with a few florist and told them my budget and their proposal would be $2000 over my budget when I contacted Serendipity she stuck right to my budget. My flowers turned out AMAZING!
    She even added extra details and did not charge me. I loved her.
    Check out my pictures! http://ajdunlapblog.com/?p=2986 Click like and I will receive free prints.
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_flowers-need-finding-good-affordable-florist-raleigh-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:606Discussion:bcd375e0-7490-413a-a063-cf3e5848507aPost:dee15f3f-cdde-4718-a19c-4796f57cb34e">Re: Flowers!! i need help finding a good, AFFORDABLE florist in the raleigh area.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should look into Victorian Seasons in Apex, she by far has the bext prices around!
    Posted by estee7301[/QUOTE]
    In my experience, I have to warn you against Victorian Seasons. 
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_flowers-need-finding-good-affordable-florist-raleigh-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:606Discussion:bcd375e0-7490-413a-a063-cf3e5848507aPost:d2fb2d46-df02-4fca-b986-37cd1d6cebc1">Re: Flowers!! i need help finding a good, AFFORDABLE florist in the raleigh area.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went with Tre Bella.  I was clear about my budget and they were awesome about making suggestions to bring down the budget so I wouldn't have to sacrifice everything I wanted to stay in budget. Plus Becky is really sweet, you'll be really happy.
    Posted by laurenes[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Why the warning against Victorian Season? I actually just received a quote from them..

Thanks!
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-raleighdurham_flowers-need-finding-good-affordable-florist-raleigh-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:606Discussion:bcd375e0-7490-413a-a063-cf3e5848507aPost:000c7f94-2f70-40e8-9e1a-490d57639228">Re: Flowers!! i need help finding a good, AFFORDABLE florist in the raleigh area.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why the warning against Victorian Season? I actually just received a quote from them.. Thanks!
    Posted by AGA7[/QUOTE]
    PM'ed ya about it.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image