Texas-San Antonio
Options

La Orilla Del Rio Ballroom

Does anyone have experience using this venue? My fiance and I looked at it today as we were looking into getting married at San Fernando. Like someone has said on a previous post, it's pretty small. We're probably going to have 175 guests or so. It says it holds 200, but I think that would be really tight. Anyone who has done their event here that can comment on how size worked out?

Thank you!

Re: La Orilla Del Rio Ballroom

• Options
    KatshiaKatshia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using it for August 1st and are stoked :) It is beatifual and Maulo the site director is amazing and is helping us out with so much. We are having about 160 guest and I think thats around a good size, I think 200 would be pushing it. Compared to any other ballroom I looked at the price and location is amazing!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was told 200 can fit without a dance floor. But ur guest can dance outside. I am having about 130 and I felt it was too small but I want my guest to be comfortable and not feel like i crammed them in. But the director is a great guy! If you do go with them, he is very helpful. When is your event?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're looking at fall of 2011, probably September. We definitely looked at using outside for additional tables and things, but we just weren't sure what would happen if it rained and we had to cram everyone inside. The place is gorgeous though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Katshia, do you have an e-mail address where we can talk more about the ballroom? Mine is LMKadden at yahoo dot com.

Thanks!
  • Options
    KatshiaKatshia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Yep feel free to email me at tokyogal90 at yahoo dot com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi girls, I want to have my wedding here too, my fiance keeps telling me he wants to invite 300 people. If statistics are correct then 150 should show up....can yall help me out too? I would love to have my wedding here!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiancé and I actually just toured this location yesterday. We decided on the Grand Promenade at Pat O'Brien's but I just wanted to let you know that Maulo, the site director, was very nice and had some great ideas for both the ceremony and reception. We picked the other place only for the fact that everything is included at The Grand Prom but the Ballroom was our second choice. It was very spacious for the amount of guests we're having (70ish) and the view is BEAUTIFUL right over the Riverwalk. I would recommend that location just for the sheer fact that Maulo is very accomodating and customer service oriented. Smile
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards