Nebraska-Omaha

The Cakery

Has anyone used The Cakery in Rockbrook Village for anything--wedding cake, birthday cake, any cake?  The only two reviews I could find online were so over the top fabulous that I'm not sure I trust them.

Re: The Cakery

• ayoung22ayoung22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went for a tasting.  The cake was good and they sent three or four small cakes with us (yum!), but we ended up going with Diane Severson.  We liked that she only does one cake per weekend, she was more affordable, and her chocolate cake and frosting were absolutely amazing.  Diane also makes a separate small anniversary cake so you don't have to worry about saving the actual wedding cake.   
  • edited December 2011
    Glad to hear the cake at the Cakery is good. They contract with our venue so if we want cake, it has to come from the Cakery, otherwise we'd probably being going with Diane Severson--everything I read about her is great!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh ok, well you will be happy with The Cakery.  Have you scheduled a tasting?  Like I said, I think we tried three or four flavors and they were all good.  I loved cake tasting :)  Where are you having your reception?
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding and reception are both at Rosenblatt.

We're about to schedule a tasting--thought I'd get some more objective reviews so we  weren't going in blind.  Thanks again!
  • edited December 2011
    Can I get Diane's information?  We are trying to find someone to make our cake.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Diane's number is 493-0807. 
  • kmg977kmg977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cakery does amazing cakes! My reception is at the Doubletree downtown and both there coordinators strongly suggest the Cakery, but I have heard great things about Diane's cakes, my friend got hers done by her.  If you go through the cakery though you have to try the pink champagne cake, ITS SOOO GOOD!!! I always thought I would have chocolate cake cause it's my favorite, until I tried the pink champagne there, its amazing...GOOD LUCK!
  • meamollymeamolly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my sister did the cakery. very tasty cakewise. they do their best work with simple cake designs
  • edited December 2011
    I just attended a wedding this past Saturday that had the cakes from The cakery and they were fabulous, all her guest complemented on the cakes.  She had the layers in different "filling' glavord
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards