California-Los Angeles

Ceremony/Reception Site on short notice

Hello, ladies! I am helping a friend do some research and I figured you ladies would be the best to ask. She is forced to move her wedding up by a year, to March 13. Can you ladies suggest any small and intimate (think 10 people) ceremony sites? She was thinking either a chapel or garden location.

She is considering having the reception catered at home, unless she can find a location that will double as a ceremony and reception site. Anywhere in LA or the Valley is fine.

Any advice/suggestions are welcome. TIA!
Food Blog! image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Amber has read 17 books toward her goal of 35 books.
hide

Re: Ceremony/Reception Site on short notice

• edited December 2011
    Awww, I can tell you which venue isn't available since that's my date also! 

How big a venue does she need?  One of the things we considered doing before we saw the size of my mother's guest list was to rent a really nice house in malibu or somewhere gorgeous on VRBO.com and use that.  That works with a small guest list, and if she's got only 50 days to do this thing up, there's a chance her list is pretty small?
  • MrsADMrsAD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_ceremonyreception-short-notice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:ba414472-c87f-4e84-8705-6f9a15555866Post:81ac799c-420b-4815-a75e-803d06dd16d9">Re: Ceremony/Reception Site on short notice</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww, I can tell you which venue isn't available since that's my date also!  How big a venue does she need?  One of the things we considered doing before we saw the size of my mother's guest list was to rent a really nice house in malibu or somewhere gorgeous on VRBO.com and use that.  That works with a small guest list, and if she's got only 50 days to do this thing up, there's a chance her list is pretty small?
    Posted by phiaska[/QUOTE]

She was saying probably about ten people, so that might be a very good option for her. Thanks!
    Food Blog! image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Amber has read 17 books toward her goal of 35 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    I suggest La Muse cafe in Long Beach.  They do very small weddings in their garden courtyard. http://www.lamusecafe.com/weddingsandbanquets.html
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would definitely look into restaurants. Maybe have a JOP come and do a ceremony and then have a nice dinner. My personal favorites would be Cafe Was on Vine and The Foundry on Melrose.

Forest Lawn Glendale has a Scottish chapel that seats about 40 people. Its called the Wee Kirk o' the Heather.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • peterspixiepeterspixie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried something aboard a small yacht? I am looking into something like that, although I have a bit longer to plan.

http://www.electracruises.com/default.asp

Hope that helps at all. There are also some ships that do this sort of thing out of Marina del rey!

• czarinamaeczarinamae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Restaurants with a private room might be something to consider.  Try Cafe Santorini in Old Town Pasadena, CA they have a nice outdoor area where you might be able to do the ceremony and a small private room.

In that same area also try Villa Soriso.  I know that they also have a private room.  Good Luck!
    Photobucket
    Sep 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards