Wedding Etiquette Forum

It's FRIDAY

How are you peeps today?  I'm ready for some chicken wings and beer tomorrow night.

Go Buckeyes!  :)  

Re: It's FRIDAY

• I didn't think Friday would ever get here!

I have no plans tonight beyond painting my toe nails. I'll probably keep going through my room cleaning/packing. That's my exciting Friday night.
  • Yay!

I have no idea what I'm doing today.  I may go to a friend's house to do some sewing, but my sewing machine is like 50 lbs. and I don't know if I want to lug that to her place.  We may just end up going to the Japanese market and cooking dinner.  H isn't home until 9 PM tonight.  No real plans for the weekend except for homework. 

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Well don't we all live some exciting, on the edge of our seat lives.  ;)  I painted my toenails yesterday.  They're a pretty purple I got out of J's nail polish box.  She's such a little diva.  Her nails are currently a bright turquoise and purple alternating on every other finger and then the opposite color on each finger making either polka dots or stripes.  She thinks she is so cool today.  
  • It is indeed Friday! That makes tomorrow my "surprise" shower! The one I'm supposed to know nothing about. I don't know if I'm excited or not.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm ready to just sleep in for once. I have a lot of grading and editing to do this weekend. I decided to get back to my very first book series while working on the current one, so I'm going to fix the first two (just make minor changes) and rerelease them through a small publishing/printing company so I can move on to the remaining 4 in the series. I'm excited, but it's a shiitton of work.
  • I can't fake a surprise face, I hope you're better at that than I am crnflk.  I had a surprise baby shower at my work that I knew about and they all knew instantly that someone tipped me off.
  • I'm not sure what to wear. I mean if I dress up, people will know it isn't a surprise, but I don't want to look frumpy in the pictures. I'm also a little depressed about the whole thing, so I just can't get myself excited about it.
  • That's because she is cool Stacks! ;) That sounds so fun for her!
  • Why are you depressed about the shower, crnflk?
  • I'm sad it's Friday.  THat means my break is over.  =-(
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Morning!  I'm going to try making cauliflower pizza crust tonight.  We'll see how it turns out.  We've got a busy weekend ahead of us.  I'll be at the library all day tomorrow working on a project, H has to take the 4runner in to Toyota because the check engine light came on, and then we're going to hang out with some friends.  Then Sunday we're going to H's grandma's and then having dinner with different friends.  Next weekend is going to be just as crazy: horse show, anniversary dinner, actual anniversary, and H's birthday.

Stacks, I used to paint my nails like that all the time when I was little.  I had a huge box of nail polish.  I liked to paint every finger and toenail a different color.

How's teaching going, Sesh?  Are you still liking it?
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Morning! :)
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Good morning! I'm in class til 3 and then work. I need to make it out to Michael's tonight because I have a 50% off coupon and I really don't want to pay full price for my table number holders. 
  • Long story, but my mom passed away in August, so there's the fact that she won't be sharing it with me, and also that, because I took care of her 60-90 hours a week plus went to school and worked, I didn't have a lot of time for friends. Iow, I have like 3 people coming who don't "have" to be there, and they are all friends of my mom's. It makes me feel like a total loser. So, mildly depressed over here.
  • Ahhh, sliding into Friday.  Finally!

Crnflk I am sorry you are feeling this way.  It is a totally bummer that you do not have your mom to share this with you.  I bet the women who are your mom's friends are glad that they get to be a special part of your day.  Us momma's are like that.  We take care of others when needed.  Hope you are able to enjoy the moments,  I am sure it is bittersweet for you.

• Good Morning!
    Sorry cornflake!  Hopefully you will have a good time at your shower anyway.

Ditto Stacks on the GO BUCKS!

I finally started the Hunger Games last night.  I'm half-way through.  The goal is to finish tomorrow when I'm waiting between mine and FI's dentist appointments.
  • Aw, I'm sorry crnflk. And I agree with ski, I'm sure her friends are thrilled to be there and share the day with you.

Adamar, I'm still liking it. The grading takes forever, but I'm kind of finding my groove for making it go a bit faster. And, I just accepted a class for the fall semester, an intro to creative writing class. I hate the time (Wednesday, 6-8:45) but it's too good an opoprtunity to pass up. Plus H said he will try to go with me most days, get in some time for himself to just find a corner and read or work on the computer.
  • I'm sorry crnflower. *hugs* Noone "has" to go to showers, although I understand what you mean. Everyone who comes will be there because they love you and support you. I hope you can enjoy yourself. :)

July, I'm sure you'll be able to do that. One of my CWs is reading Catching Fire right now. Did she read Hunger Games? No, she saw the movie and doesn't feel like she needs to read it.
  • Will that be a class at the school?  You've been doing online classes right now, right?

• Morning.

Today I plan on getting an 80 min massage, then a lite lunch, hang out with Chef D and then go see KISS at a free concert.

it's my first day not being employed. I think I've planned it fairly well.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Morning! TGIF! 

Today for me is going to the gym after work, going to Whole Foods after showering from the gym & laundry. 

crnflk, I can only imagine how you feel... Hoping you have a good time tomorrow! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did I miss something?  Did you quit your job, Lynda?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c0de0e5-79be-4edc-93a3-c483a39b8559Post:21721f61-e939-4cc7-98c0-b843a1116198">Re: It's FRIDAY</a>:
    [QUOTE]Will that be a class at the school?  You've been doing online classes right now, right?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's in class. That's why I didn't want to pass it up since right now I'm only doing online. Their budget was severely cut so this was the only one left open, and if I didn't take it I wouldn't have any classes to teach in the fall. If an online class opens up, I'll get that one as well.

The hard part is figuring out what to talk about for 3 hours. I'm dreading it already.
  • *HUGS* Crnflk.  I'm so sorry.  I hope you're still able to have a good time tomorrow at the shower.  I'm sure your mom's friends will be really happy to be there for you, even though it will be bittersweet.

Props, Sesh.  Teaching a class for three hours at a stretch sounds challenging.

• Aw, crnflk.  =-(   *hugs*
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c0de0e5-79be-4edc-93a3-c483a39b8559Post:52dd0dfc-a9ff-46a2-ada0-ba55b2be98ac">Re: It's FRIDAY</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's FRIDAY : <strong>That's just wrong. She is going to miss why Peeta is such a grump during the whole book.</strong> *hugs* Crnflk.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

I know. Hopefully I convinced her she needs to read it or she's going to be confused/missing out on some information.
  • Good morning!  Happy Friday.  

Sesh - that's a great opportunity.  I'm sure you'll do great.  

I'm helping friends move this weekend.  It's been a crazy week.  I need some job vibes that I get this job I interviewed for.  I'm a "finalist" and will hear a final decision next week.  I also have another possibility that I'm supposed to be contacted about an in person interview but the hiring manager is on vacation this week so I could use some vibes for that one too... that one or the other comes through.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_its-friday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c0de0e5-79be-4edc-93a3-c483a39b8559Post:a75507fc-447e-4598-af83-b0cec0dd111c">Re: It's FRIDAY</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did I miss something?  Did you quit your job, Lynda?
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes.  I just didn't feel it was a good fit for me.  They sort-of misrepresented the position.  I was suppose to be a concierge.  Well I was only working the desk 2 days a week when the manager was off.  The other days were these stupid split shift days (6am-11:30 then 4-8) working the lounge.    I knew I had to work the lounge when people were on vacation or just to help out.  But not 3 days a week for 3 months with no end in sight.</div><div>  </div><div>Then apparently I was a supervisor (no one else in that position had been one before), but they never fully explained that to one of the girls.  So I was making small changes or pointing out she was not following SOPs, etc. and she was like "Who the F do you think you are?" and became a big biitch.  She would steal time, flat out refuse to follow basic food saftey SOPs. </div><div>
    </div><div>My manager is a new manager starting the same week I did.  He is not quite strong enough for that position, especially with how strong willed the other girl is.</div><div>
    </div><div>I just got fed up and decided it had only been 3 months. It's not a good fit , lets just end it now.</div><div>
    </div><div>They were really upset I left. Not mad, just upset.  They called my employement there as and "epic fail on their part".  They admitted they handled it all wrong.  They really wanted me to stay and started making changes.  But my mind was made up.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm sure you'll come up with stuff.  Can you have them work on assignments in class, or does it have to be lecture the whole time? 

I'm trying to find concert tickets for H's birthday, but there's nothing good coming up.  Tom Petty will be in Orlando, but I'm not sure how much he really likes them.  311 is coming too, but we've seen them already.  Bleh.  He's so hard to shop for sometimes.

• Sounds like a good thing you quit, Lynda.  Something better will come along.  You don't need that kind of stress.  And goodness, Chef D really is growing up!  He's so cute!

Good vibes, Loopy!  I hope you get it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards