Texas-San Antonio

Looking for Vendors

Hey Ladies!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a bar service or a catering service that offers bar staff? I've recently found a venue in downtown San Antonio that I love and they allow you to bring in your own vendors.

Tomorrow I am meeting with Absolutely Everything Catering... any reviews??

Then I am meeting with Affordable Elegance for linens... any reviews??

I also need a florist, limo service, center peices, bakery, and anything else you can think of.

Any advice will be great :)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for Vendors

• kclare81kclare81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DH and I were married this past weekend and we brought in Page Barteau for our catering needs.  They were able to provide the food, drinks (non-alcoholic, you supply your own), both bride and grooms cake, as well as, our linens.  We had 11 people working the wedding which included the kitchen staff, servers, and bartenders.  They were very professionally dressed, moved around the room well with appetizers and drinks during the cocktail hour.  I'm not going to lie, it was a little pricy, but we were willing to spend more money on the things that mattered the most to us and cut back in other areas.  I would highly recommend Page Barteau.  They are easy to work with and did a fantastic job!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks for the tip. If you don't mind me asking, about how much do her services cost? I'm clueless on whats a good price and whats not.
  • kclare81kclare81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were at about $20 a person.  It varies depending on the type of meal and how many people you have.  We had two appetizers, three meat meal with three sides and two different types of bread.  We estimated 250 people.  :)
  • txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using Eden's Echo for all of our flower details and Erin has been amazing to work with so far.
    For the bride and groom's cake we are using Cakes and More by Cynthia (near Blanco and Oblate)-yummy flavors and her styles are unique.
    Our caterer is included with the reception hall, so I can't help you there.
    Photographer: Sandra Ramirez Photography

Hair: Adela Cabuto-Salon Bellisima

Julian Gold for bridesmaid dresses

Papyrus (Houston) for our invites

Hope this get's you started

• edited December 2011
    I am also using Eden's Echo for floral. She is awesome.

Invites were on 123print.com. We designed ours.

Photographer is out of Austin, but travel to San Antonio for free. - Old World Photography

Cake - Cakes creations out of Pleasanton, TX, but travels here for free too.
  • intendtomarryintendtomarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using The Wedding Studio, I don't know does anyone else know them, the food was soooo good and it was in our budget, this company does it all and being from Dallas I need the help in one place beats all the long distance phone calling. I think you should look into them, we went with the $11.50 buffet plate and even got it on china (nice!)
  • MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Fresh Horizons Creative Catering for my wedding and they do A LOT. They did my bar service, linens, furniture rentals and even some decorations (which was not in my budget and I was not charged for the extra decorations). Kathe was my contact person and I highly recommend them. 

My photographer was Caitlin from Caitlin's Creations and she was also awesome. We didn't know how badly the lighting was going to suck at our venue at night and Caitlin still managed to get awesome shots.

Those were my two favorite vendors--they both went above and beyond for me!
    Photobucket image
  • medinaud75medinaud75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For your cake, definitely try Elm Bake Shoppe on Lockhill Selma and Wurzbach...best price and best taste!  The owners are the sweetest! They exactly matched a picture I showed them and made the cake in buttercream (even though the pic was fondant icing).  All my guests raved about it!
  • txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elm's was one of our top 2-they are really nice, but Cakes and more offered more filling flavors.  But George's (Elm's) raspberry filling was amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    Florist- Floral Creations by Mary    210-658-8131
    Photographer- Nicole Hatter Photography   www.nicolehatter.com
  • Bride92010Bride92010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Nadler's for our cake- they did my mother's wedding cake 35 yrs ago...still tastes better.
    Stone Oak Florist for our flowers, they are very nice
    Page Barteau - I work at a dr.'s office and when they caterer, we LOVE their food...you really can't go wrong!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards