Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Tuxedos

Where is everyone getting their tuxs? And if you don't mind, the prices? I had thought we'd go with Mens Wearhouse, but then I heard they were more expensive than others, so i figured I'd see where other brides had gone.

Re: Tuxedos

• Options
    OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Men's Warehouse.  We're renting enough tuxes that FI gets his free.  The guys will be paying around $120 for everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually just went tonight and had a GREAT experience at Mens Wearhouse on 95th (across from the mall). We chose them because all of the guys that need tuxes live in different states so they can get fitted and things when they're available not just when they're in town. Pricing depends on the tux jacket you pick---ours for everything (jacket, pants, shirt, vest, tie, cuff links, shoes and maybe even socks....) it was about $150/tux.  We had to pay $40 tonight which goes towards my fiances tux...

They said normally what happens is when the guys go in they pay $20 when they get sized and the rest when they pick up. For every 5 tuxes you rent you get 1 free so keep that in mind. I know some people have had a really bad experience at MW but we really had a nice expereince. The guy was SO helpful . I would go on a week night if possible---it didn't seem as crazy in there as it may be during the weekend!

Good luck :) Sorry I wrote you a book! ha ha!!
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do your tuxes look like?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amore Bridal in Independence....I think the tuxedos we chose were about $150 to rent give or take.  There is a pic so you get the gist of what they looked like.  My husband wore a black vest and all the other guys wore a pink vest.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we will go through Mia's in Olathe. Men's Warehouse didn't have the color blue that we have in our wedding. I think the rentals are about $120 (minus the groom's) but it doesn't include shoe rental (which is like $30).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks ladies! Sounds like they are all about $150, so that's good to know. Glad you all have found such great tuxs!!
  • Options
    nikkifeenikkifee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going through Mia's Bridal. We haven't picked out the exact tux, but it looks like it's going to be around $110 for a classic tux look (we're trying to keep everything looking kind of vintage). The nice thing is, because we're getting all the men's tuxes there, my FH's will be free, and since we're also getting the bridesmaid dresses there, they will get I think it was 10-15% off (they get the option of using that towards alterations if needed or just getting it back off their dress I think).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards