May 2013 Weddings

Wedding Dress

I'm going this Saturday to try wedding dresses !!!! Can you share your wedding dresses or ideas ;) 

Re: Wedding Dress

• Here's mine! 

I started out thinking I wanted a vneck or 1-shoulder gown with a fuller skirt, ruffly skirt drama, etc. I found that those are heavier and I didn't like them when I tried things on. What I got was a strapless fitted a-line lace dress.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's mine (Maggie Sottero Presca): 

Make sure you try on all different styles. You might HATE something online/on the hanger but then love it on you. You'd be surprised! Also, try not to go shopping with a huge group of people. I learned that the hard way. 

• Mine is a Maggie too! Karena Royale.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_wedding-dress-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:f6b831e1-1877-4a34-977b-d7475663c926Post:655d3f83-a634-41b0-bad8-28ba6a603999">Re: Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine is a Maggie too! Karena Royale.
    Posted by beckyh77[/QUOTE]

<div>Yay Maggie brides! The Karena is GORGEOUS and you look fantastic! </div>

• Mine is an Oleg Cassini from David's Bridal.  I wanted something that wasn't strapless, something lacy, and something a little flouncy at the bottom--this was perfect.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_wedding-dress-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:f6b831e1-1877-4a34-977b-d7475663c926Post:80c1b390-4a94-4cdf-bd4a-44d566aeb0be">Re: Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay Maggie brides! The Karena is GORGEOUS and you look fantastic! 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Thank you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pergola by Pronovias
    (for some reason all the pics of me in the dress are coming out sideways... here's the model... I'm not wearing that jacket)

I second what rdr said about shopping.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Exciting! Here is a link to a post with my picutres clicky

It's also a Maggie, Adeline.
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • edited October 2012
    Don't go with alot of people. It will be alot of opinions and it will stress you out. I ended up leaving the salon one time because of all the opinions. Definitely as other PPs said, don't rule out a dress because of how it looks on the hanger, it could be hideous on the hanger but GORGEOUS on you. Make sure you know what you want going in. I knew I wanted a mermaid, strapless, crazy fluffy skirt, but form fitting, ivory (no white its too bright for me) lol. It will make your choices easier to pick from if you know what you want. Here's mine. Its a Vera Wang.

May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with all the PPs on not having a large group with you. On the first day, I had all four BMs and my mom, which was overwhelming. On the second day, it was just my mom and my sister, which was much easier to handle - and I ended up finding my dress.

Also, DON'T try on dresses outside of your price range! My mom is obsessed with Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta, so we went to Bridals by Lori to try on dresses. While we had a GREAT time, and it was fun to be spoiled and "jacked up" by Monte himself, it was really frustrating when I fell in love with a dress that was 3 times what I had planned on spending. I thought I was just going in there to try on things that I would never really consider, and then I thought I found THE dress. In fact, I wore that thing around the salon for 3 hours while we tried on different accessories and my BMs tried on dresses.

Luckily for me, I found a dress that was very similar and actually had improvements over the original dress for well within my price range at a store the next day. (But I'll admit that I still think about the first dress every time I watch SYTTD:A.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    December Signature: Holiday Favorites imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I second what everyone else said...  Go in with an open mind...  Try on every style/ silhouette possible.  Do not feel obligated to say yes to the 1st dress you like.  I hated the look of my dress on the hanger but fell in love on...  Mine is a Maggie Sottero/ Sottero and Midgley it's Topaz.  
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks Ladies for all the advice ;) I'm going with my older sister only. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_wedding-dress-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:f6b831e1-1877-4a34-977b-d7475663c926Post:6858aeb9-0793-4731-90e7-6df98bc5da37">Re: Wedding Dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't go with alot of people. It will be alot of opinions and it will stress you out. I ended up leaving the salon one time because of all the opinions. Definitely as other PPs said, don't rule out a dress because of how it looks on the hanger, it could be hideous on the hanger but GORGEOUS on you. Make sure you know what you want going in. I knew I wanted a mermaid, strapless, crazy fluffy skirt, but form fitting, ivory (no white its too bright for me) lol. It will make your choices easier to pick from if you know what you want. Here's mine. Its a Vera Wang.    
    Posted by shano06[/QUOTE]

LOL.. Girl you just like for me- I said the same thing about a white dress. My skin color goes best with ivory.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is also a Maggie dress - Mia.  I tried on a lot of styles but ended up with something close to what I was thinking.  I am less than 5 feet tall so no giant cupcake dresses for me!
  • Here's me in mine. It's a Blu by Mori Lee design. I absolutely love it and I ended up picking ivory because it looked good with my skin color. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards