Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Anyone Still Around from Last Year at This Time?

My screen name used to be SAHM711.  I'm mostly on The Nest now.  I got married last July, and I've been feeling nostalgic for the planning process lately.  I saw a few screen names that I recognize, and I wondered if anyone else is still around that might remember me.  I just wanted to pop in to say hi and to wish everyone good luck - enjoy every minute leading up to and on your wedding days!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone Still Around from Last Year at This Time?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sofia!!! Hello!! How are you? How's married life??
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I still pop in occasionally.Time sure does fly! Any anniversary plans yet?
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still here too :) How have you been?!?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies!  Married life is good.  It took some getting used to at first since we didn't live together first, and we are both "old" and set in our ways!  ;-)  It was also a bit of a struggle as DH lost his job 6 weeks before the wedding and was out of work for 6 months.  Now he has a new, better job that he likes, and most of the time it's smooth sailing.  Our energies have shifted from wedding planning to trying to have a baby, but no luck yet.

I see a couple of you have your big days coming up soon.  Are you all ready?  I remember that last bit of planning time and trying to pull everything together.  As stressed as I was when I was going through it, I kind of miss it now.  I loved my shower so much, and I imagine some of you have showers coming up.  I hope you enjoy every minute of yours as much as I did mine. 

Is Meg still around at all? 
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww! I'm glad to hear things are going well for you guys. Also happy to hear that DH got a new, better job! And GL with TTC! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

I just had one of my showers a few weeks ago and the other should be comnig up soon! My Pgh shower was lovely and I just had the best time :) You're right... it's super stressful right now but I know I am really going to miss planning once the wedding is over!

As for Meg, she doesn't come around any more - she popped in once a while back to ask a question but hasn't been back since... well GL with everything and it was great to hear from you! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone remember her screen name?  I know her name is Megan, and I remember that she got married in the fall and had a pink/navy color scheme for her wedding, but I am blanking on her screen name. 
  • Options
    AP910AP910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! So weird- Last night I was just thinking about people who I never see on TK anymore, and I thought of you! Nice to "see" you again! Good luck with TTC :)  
    I think Meg was DuqCheer or something very similar. Happy Easter!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I still try to pop in now and then. But I have a new position at work and have NO time aside from lunches to pop on, and most of the time by the time I get home, I am exhausted.

I know what you mean about being "old" and set in your ways. H & I struggled with that some too. He's several years younger than me, but was on his own basically at 18, so we were about even. So it's been hard sometimes getting used to sharing space and time and all that. It's tough sometimes!

Good luck TTC!
    Crosswalk
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards