Not Engaged Yet

and all I hear is blah, blah, blah! - LONG

good morning!

it's been quite a morning already, and it's only 8:15.

today is my birthday!  DH woke me up to cuddle before I got in the shower.  it was very sweet, and a great start for the day (since he usually doesn't get up for 30 min to an hour after I do).  I took my shower and while I was in there, he got out a couple gifts and put them out on the dresser so I'd see them when I woke up.  it was very sweet!  I got a couple texts from my family and close friends, so I was a pretty happy camper.

today at work we're having a potluck, so I had a big bag full of brownies, tongs, wooden spoon, a huge glass bowl (so heavy!), 3 bags of lettuce, and 2 salad dressings (full bottles).  I also had my purse, my planner, a notebook, and a cup of coffee in my hand.  I could hardly carry everything because it was so heavy and bulky, but I was determined to make it to my desk.

I make it to my desk and put down the cup of coffee.  it's around 7:30 or 7:35.  I was going to take the groceries to our little kitchen area to put them down so I could get all my things out for work.  well, a grumpy old man stops me and asks where my security badge is.  since I had so many bags, I hadn't been able to slip it over my head and onto my neck yet.  so, I shift my groceries to a hip so I can stand more comfortably, and inform him that I had just walked in the door and my hands were full so I wasn't able to slip it onto my neck yet until I could get rid of these bags.  sounds reasonable to me...  you could see that I literally had JUST WALKED IN THE FREAKING DOOR, and I had a huge sack of groceries that I was trying to balance on my small, 4'10" body.

his response?  

"Sorry.  How do you spell you name?  I'm reporting you."

ugh.  and so all I heard after that was blah, blah, blah.

I'm generally not crude, and I try to be kind to everyone, but all I could think was "eff you."

so I gave him my name, and of course had to spell it since it's latino and no one can ever figure out what I'm saying, shifted the groceries to the other hip, listened to him tell me how it's a federal government base and I need to make sure I have my badge on at all times, etc.  now, I know he's right and I probably should have thought ahead a little bit and put the badge on in the car before I loaded up with all my bags.  but, it was early in the morning, and I was mostly concerned with how to get everything from my car, across the parking lots, while trying to open all the huge heavy doors, and into the buildings without dropping anything.

so technically, it's my bad.  I should have thought ahead, I know.  but seriously...  it's my birthday.  I just walked in the door.  I had my arms full of heavy groceries, and I was just trying to put everything down so I wouldn't break anything.  it's not like it was half the day and I still didn't have it on.  I JUST WALKED IN THE DOOR!!  so, eff that.  cut me some slack, Mr. Security Guy.  

oh, and while you're at it, why couldn't you have helped me with some of the groceries, since it was obvious I was having a hard time holding everything without dropping it??

Re: and all I hear is blah, blah, blah! - LONG

• lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boo to that STUPID STUPID security guard that has forgot what it's like to be a human.

In other news-
    Happy Birthday!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    First - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (I will return with an appropriate lolcat when I get back to my computer) Your DH sounds very sweet and thoughtful :)

As Promised:

Second - I would have been thinking the same thing about Mr. Security Guy. Jeesh buddy! I hope your day goes back to the way it started out before you got to work!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • edited December 2011
    Boo to him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    What a jerk! 

But more importantly: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hear-blah-blah-blah-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c23ccae2-1c0f-4681-a938-7b87ed3ec0e0Post:dc0b4697-4013-4684-8ab4-67c1f582d489">Re: and all I hear is blah, blah, blah! - LONG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Birthday!!!! I'm sorry that old man is having a cranky day.  I have to show my badge at work too, and I'm usually dropping stuff trying to get it out of my bag.  It's a relatively small building** with not too many labs (2-3 on each floor, so seriously not that many people), and no classes in the summer, so it's not hard to learn everyone's faces.  But they sit there and wait for me to dig it out every single morning.  **<strong>Wow, I just said a 9 story building was small - this is the effect living in NYC is having on me.</strong> 
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

I think the tallest building in my city has around 20 floors, hahaha.

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday Coco!!!!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • wink0erinwink0erin member
    edited December 2011
    In my current building I just punch a security code to get into the offices. If I go down to the main building I have an ID pass, but I have never been asked for it. In some buildings they can be jerks about it but luckily I don't have to go to those ones. I'd probably put all of my bags on the floor and then make the guard pick them up after I show my pass, haha.

and, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

• Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It must suck to be that miserable of an old man. Boo to him. I hope your day gets better

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    thanks for all the sweet wishes!

I had already shown my badge at the gate, or else I wouldn't have been let in.  I just hadn't put it on my neck yet because my hands were full.  so he knew I had it somewhere, just not where he could see it. 

but whatever.  a coworker brought donuts for my birthday, so I took the sprinkle one and went on with my day.  that old man can just get over it.
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    edited December 2011
    Sprinkle donuts sound SO good right now.  I'm jealous.

In other news....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday!

I don't know why people need to be so difficult about small things. It's the end of the month, he likely has a quota he needs to fill.
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    I have donut envy. Happy birthday!!!!
  • iAmABigCiAmABigC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy birthday!!!!!! I hope the rest of your day goes better!
  • edited December 2011
    @$$... You get lolcats now!

For the guard

For you

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    haha!  thanks for the Lolcats for the guard.  very cute.  :)
  • edited December 2011

Panda says Happy Birthday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had a security guard do that to me before while my hands were full with heavy boxes. He actually made me put everything down to pull my badge out of my pocket. Sir, why would a professionally dressed female want to carry heavy boxes into an office building at 6am? Would it be for sheer amusement?

Happy Birthday though, hopefully thats the last bad experience of the day.

We're having a Mexican Fiesta today for my going away party today! I'm pumped and excited my mom's coming down too (as long as she doesn't cry!) It's not like I'm moving to Timbukto, it's an office 4 minutes from her home that I still live in, lol.

• edited December 2011
    Happy birthday! I hope the rest of your day goes great!

That security guard needs to get a life and get over his little power that he is obviously abusing.
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    Happy birthday!! You should post this lolcat in your office!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• snorwo3snorwo3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate people who think they have so much "power" and abuse it.
  • edited December 2011
    Blah what a grumpy guy. Happy birthday though!! At least DH started it off great!
    5/27/12
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    edited December 2011
    That security guard sounds like a jacka$$ and a miserable person. He just wanted someone to pick on, and you came in the door. I kind of feel sorry for him because he obviously doesn't have anything you have: a birthday today, a sweet, thoughtful spouse, and a killer team of NEY ladies in your camp. Hey, among us, we probably have enough skills and trickery to make him "disappear" if you want. Just say the word. Wink

Anyway, enough about what'shisface.

Happy birthday!

• edited December 2011
    thanks so much you all!  :)

andplusalso, I've counted several people walking around without badges displayed and it's lunch time...  that includes one of my managers!!!  *sigh*  bad timing on my part I guess!

ETA: ugh, that man called my boss to let her know, so she came over to talk to me about it.  and he's sending an official report to put on my file.  grrrrrr.
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hear-blah-blah-blah-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c23ccae2-1c0f-4681-a938-7b87ed3ec0e0Post:e306517f-2012-42a7-9e88-21207447b308">Re: and all I hear is blah, blah, blah! - LONG</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks so much you all!  :) andplusalso, I've counted several people walking around without badges displayed and it's lunch time...  that includes one of my managers!!!  *sigh*  bad timing on my part I guess! ETA: <strong>ugh, that man called my boss to let her know, so she came over to talk to me about it.  and he's sending an official report to put on my file.  grrrrrr.</strong>
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

<div>UGH. That's so stupid. I'm sure it will be forgotten shortly, though. As long as you don't make a habit of it, what on earth are they going to do? Slap you on the wrist? Give you a time out? One instance of forgetting to put your badge on is nothing, right? That teensy bit of power the guard thinks he has...is more teensy than he realizes. IMO.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    he also made a complaint about my name not being all the way changed, so I think he's going to write that up too.  that is HR's problem, not mine.  if he does write that up, I'm so going to contest it.  HR can't tell me how to do it, my manager can't tell me how to do it, so how am I supposed to figure out everything to do to change my name???.

ETA:  I totally agree with you marley. 
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know, sprinkle donughts and early morning presents from your new husband....WAY outweights stupid bitter old security man!

Hope the rest of your day continues the theme of awesomeness, minus the moment of grr. :)

Happy Birthday, Coco!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    thank you all!  we had a fun evening, and DH had lots of little surprises planned...  it didn't take long to forget about Mr. Security Man...  didn't want to waste anymore energy on him! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards