October 2012 Weddings

Can I propose...

Since we have so many people on this board now, can I propose Monday have a post with all the checks?  Things we got done WR and things we plan on working on next. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my 2012 shelf:
Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)

Re: Can I propose...

• Sure.. sounds good :) I got my invite design process started this week. I got in touch with my friend and we were able to meet and go over everything I need, work on the monogram, etc.
    Anniversary
  • I like this idea too.
    FI and I went over the guest list this weekend, and cut it down a bit (by about 30 people).  I'd like to try to cut another 30-40 if possible but this far out there still remains a lot of question marks. 
    Next up is to decide if we want to do save the dates, and if so, starting looking at ordering them as well as our invitations. 
  • I ordered my STDs this weekend.  Magnetstreet has $30 off if you spend $150... so they ended up being like 96 cents each for the large magnets.  I also ordered return addresses from vista print with both FI and my name on them.

Now we will finalize the guest list and then it's mission get addresses!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Sounds good! Last week: Ordered flower girl and bridesmaid gifts Figured out the guest list (so glad that's over!) This week: Save the dates Call shuttle company Order garter and clutch set off Etsy Call rehearsal dinner place for FMIL
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_can-propose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:70fb2789-e472-400d-b142-6a155db3f89bPost:b24c5f5f-be8f-4618-b956-7df4de73325b">Re: Can I propose...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered my STDs this weekend.  Magnetstreet has $30 off if you spend $150... so they ended up being like 96 cents each for the large magnets.  I also ordered return addresses from vista print with both FI and my name on them. Now we will finalize the guest list and then it's mission get addresses!
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

Forgot to add - paying phone tag with hotel for blocking rooms.
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Sounds good! I just wish I had something to contribute! The only check I can really contribute is a big freaking fight with family about the wedding last week. LIke, epic crying fight. :(

Or, I take it back, we mailed the DJ his deposit, too, but Epic Crying is what I remember from last week. Yay?

Checks I'm HOPING to have done this week:
    -Officlally have time off from work for wedding (this is SO late, it's embarrassing)
    -Book honeymoon
    -Start wedding website/purchase URL
    -Mail deposit/contract for flowers/decor

If I get two out of four of those done, I'll be happy. :-/
    Anniversary
  • Last week: Ordered Save the Dates, Booked caterer, Hired coordinator, Finalized guest list

This week: Send caterer deposit, tackle the address list

End of January: Dress!  Eeep!
  • To get done this week...
    Get in touch with the caterer to see about her needs for tables
    Then get in touch with rental guy to finalize tents/tables/chairs etc
    Send back photography contract
    Get the damn band contract hopefully.
    Get the damn hotel block contract. (Both of these vendors are making my head hurt)

Oh and try to fix the STDs so I can mail them out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • We received our invitations (handmade Italian paper) Friday. Now I need to finalize the wording and send them out to a printer. Still doing battle in finding a caterer. Hopefully, we can get that one sorted out soon. Saving a lot of my to-do things for March, which will be mostly just my decorative diy details. I'm trying really hard to pace myself since I know there's still 10 months to go! It's so hard to be patient sometimes ;)
    Ovarian cyst lapro: '01, '04, '09 Conal biopsy: '01- results negative Dilation: '03 for cervical scarring Pcos test: '05, FSH and LH normal Mirena removed July '12 My Ovulation Chart
  • Sounds good!

Today: the last of the STDs went out in the mail
    This week: finishing taping the pockets on my DIY pocketfold invites...only 90 more to go!!
  • I am SO impressed by how many of you have STDs ready or out as checks!! I've got to catch up on that, too...
    Anniversary
  • Last week: 
    All bridesmaid's have their dresses ordered
    Got closer to finalizing the STDs
    Picked out ceremony music

This week:
    Hopefully making our wedding website so we can add the web address to the STD

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I finally contacted a florist now I just have to set up a time to meet with her! This week were are hoping to deal with some transportation issues and I need to contact the photographer to see if we can do pictures just for the save the dates since I really don't want the e-shoot in Winter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_can-propose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:70fb2789-e472-400d-b142-6a155db3f89bPost:4b0dcc73-82d3-42a0-a334-6084b4e86a0b">Re: Can I propose...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am SO impressed by how many of you have STDs ready or out as checks!! I've got to catch up on that, too...
    Posted by lehc723[/QUOTE]

It helps that 75% of my guest list is OOT....
    my 2012 shelf:
  • aimee58aimee58 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Nice idea!!

Last week: bought my dress!! and did FOCCUS survey (an assessment used with my church)

This week: transportation, finish up STD design with FI's friend, and finalize centerpiece ideas so we can start working on them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like this idea...

I have to research hotels in the area where we are getting married.  I may get some names of places and have my parents check them out while they are in FL.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Great idea!! Last week: Selected our baker for wedding cake Ordered STDs Started collecting addresses Finally got the contract signed for hotel block This week: Send deposit to baker Find a salon for bridal party
  • Last Week/Last Weekend:  Things are kind of at a stand still right now. Not too much else I can do since a lot is already done. That being said, we ordered FI's wedding band because I had a great deal from Blue Nile.  

This Week/Weekend: I really need to stop overanalyzing STD ideas and just put something together and send it out. I keep wanting to make sure that whatever idea I come up with is going to be practical and useful for all of our guests, and not something that they will just put in a pile and forget about. AND, I'm totally against magnets, so that is definitely not an option.

Any thoughts on STDs? We do have our e-pics back, so I could use those for something.
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • I had an anticheck when fiance and I sat down to cut down the list and ended up adding 8 people!  The guest list thing is turning into a nightmare. 
  • But on the more positive side, I did choose invitaations from etsy and will probably be ordering my dress from J Crew this week.  I had a great consultant who told me to wait a week because they might be having a promotion. 
  • We went over the guest list and I was able to get most of the addresses. I want to try and get the STD's addressed soon and sent out in February. My FMIL made the reservations for the rehersal dinner.

This week I plan to:
    Call the bridal store to make appointments for both FMIL and bridesmaides
    Continue to look on Pinterest for ideas
    Figure out what I want for a bouquet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Photographer finally booked

Hopefully this week we can revisit the guest list :/ also plan to start looking for BM dresses. FI is going to start interviewing DJ's and work on booking the honeymoon (right now looking like Jamaica or St. Lucia). Cake baker is next on the list after all this is done.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker unnamed LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I stamped and sealed our STDs and put them in the mail today. Next on the list is to pick what we are wearing for our Epics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Last week:
    -BOUGHT DRESS! :D
    -all bridesmaids dresses were picked up
    -put down deposit with DJ
    -requested wine corks for DIY place card holders

This week:
    -FI to email local officiant for info on Pre Cana
    -FI to open convesation with his boss, who offered to buy our cake
    -work on ceremony music some more
    -maybe make some headway on STDs
  • I am calling photographers! :)
  • NMINMI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Started rounding up addresses
    Bought a plane ticket to visit my BF and look for her MOH dress (yay)

Calling printersfor quotes for invites, Save the Dates (had them designed for months now)

Walked 1/2 hour longer today!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker86 Invited image
    57 Aye!Will be in port! image
    16 Nay,be out to sea. image
    13 Are floundering! image
  • We finally sent the contract and deposit to Photographer, other than that I've got nothin!
  • Hmm. I didn't feel like we'd done a lot, but listing it made me think we're farther along than i thought. We have the reception site that has a caterer, my cousins are doing video and taking pictures (they do wedding pics on weekends), i just contacted the church and I have vistaprint coupons for whenever the guest list gets finalized for the invitations (waiting for parents to add their list). Mom and I just started dress shopping. Thats a good start, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I like the idea!

We booked our block of hotel rooms, booked the limo bus, and found the place for the Rehearsal dinner :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • So far my checks are:
    bought my dress
    have the save the dates
    put deposit down on photographer
    picked our venue

things coming up:
    Going bridemaid dress shopping next week while everyone has the same night off
    Need my FI to get his addresses together for his side of the family that needs save the dates
    order stamps
    order return addresses
    Try and figure out colors.. I just can't decide!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards