Michigan-Detroit

Daddy Dilemma. Need advice!

Okay so my father is in dire need of hip replacement surgery, pretty much on both hips. He doesnt have insurance, only medicaid and its taking forever for anyone to give him the time of day.

I'm beginning to except the fact that he's most likely going to be in a wheelchair/walker for my wedding, which breaks my heart.

I REALLY wanted to try and find a way to incorporate my dad's unfortunate temporary disability into my ceremony. I still want him to "walk" me down the aisle but I don't know if any walking would/could be involved for him.

Has anyone encountered this scenario with a father who is disabled? He joked about if he had to get a hoveround he would. I'm pretty much foregoing my daddy-daughter dance even though i'm pretty torn up about it.

I'm just curious to any ideas you ladies have.
Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

"God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 126 Invited image 41 Getting Crazy image 10 Party Poopin image 75 MIA
RSVP Date: September 10th

Re: Daddy Dilemma. Need advice!

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if it's possible, but if you walk down the aisle with him in his wheelchair, would it he be able to stand up at the end of the aisle to at least give you away? He won't have to do much walking, just a hug and a kiss and shake your FI's hand. Would that work?
  • queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah its possible. I'm sure he'd be able to at least stand up I would think. :)

I'm just hoping to god some miracle occurs and he can have his surgery soon!
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What if he meets you half way so the walk isnt so long?  I work with patients with replacements and my dad is actually in the same boat.   But if you come in and then he meets you half way and finishes walking you down the isle.
  • queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would be fine really. We're not getting married in a church so the aisle isn't going to be extremely long. I'll have to see how long it is for sure and talk to him about it.

Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards