Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Grand Cayman or the Bahamas

Has anyone been to either? We're looking into both for our honeymoon but I was a teenager the last time I visited Nassau. Any recommendations?

Re: Grand Cayman or the Bahamas

• I haven't been to either but my Fiance loved the Bahamas when he went a few years ago! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 20pearls1620pearls16 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    We went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon. I loved it. We stayed at the Riu. It is one of the only all inclusives on the island (outdise of Sandals). It was right next to the Atlantis so we got to go over there for free after 6. It was the best of both worlds. 
    imageAnniversary
  • I went to Grand Cayman 3 years ago and absolutely LOVED it. I went with a bunch of girlfriends, but I could see it being a very romantic place, too!  I stayed at a Marriott (I'm not sure if there's more than one) and it was very nice. The beach was awesome and the water is so clear and gorgeous. The island is very safe, which was one of the major reasons why we loved it. We walked everywhere (off-resort) and never felt unsafe. We even did some pretty dumb things, like going to a party at a private home with people we met at our hotel and we went on a yacht with people who ran our jetski tour, but everything worked out perfectly!!  We had such a great time, I wish I could go back right now!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_grand-cayman-or-the-bahamas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:c3ff9253-b8cc-4951-82a9-88ce0f0d40b3Post:b3a1dfda-aa8c-4cc4-b3e1-fc7697e164ae">Grand Cayman or the Bahamas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone been to either? We're looking into both for our honeymoon but I was a teenager the last time I visited Nassau. Any recommendations?
    Posted by SigKap289[/QUOTE]
  • Thank you so much for your input. I am dreaming of being there right now! Both islands sound perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards