Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Afternoon reception lunch

We're having a smaller (55 people) rustic/country style wedding early in the day. The ceremony/reception will be at my fiance's parents farm home in North Georgia. Lunch around 1:30 and we were thinking about serving easy DIY country style food. So far we have:

Spiral Ham
Homemade biscuits
Sweet potato fries
Mac & Cheese
Tossed salad
Fried pickles
Corn
Deviled eggs
Pasta salad
BBQ butter beans
Squash fritters
Pulled bbq pork sandwiches
coleslaw

I'm thinking this is more than plenty. Would you be happy eating this at a lunch reception? If you have any other ideas, feel free to let me know. :)

Re: Afternoon reception lunch

• Sounds delicious! 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • The menu souns good, but my concerns are more about labor/production. Frying sweet potatoes and pickles is great, but for a crowd, it can be tough. Some will either be soggy, or super hot..and somebody has to be away from the festivities watching the fryer. I would also do a fresh corn salad, instead of corn on the cob. One, COTC is harder to eat, and two, it over cooks and becomes gross looking rather quickly. I like the feel of your menu, but I would revise those few things to make the DIY aspect more manageable!
  • I love the menu plus no one should go home hungry

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards