Michigan-Northern
Options

UP Wedding Venue

1 My fiancé and I are very outdoorsy people and we are looking for the perfect venue for our low-key wedding and reception.  We would like to get married in the UP preferably in the Pictured Rock area or further north in the Porcupine National Forest area. We are hoping to keep it small, low budget and outdoors (beach or bluff would be perfect!).  The problem is I am having trouble finding something that isn’t a big resort that is not only too expensive but to lavish for our taste.  We want small, simple, and to be able to enjoy our honeymoon with our guests of trail running and kayaking afterwards.  Any ideas of locations would be great!

Re: UP Wedding Venue

• Options
    If you're willing to go up into the Keweenaw, the Keweenaw Mountain Lodge is a great place. Check out http://www.atthelodge.com/.
  • Options
    In Response to UP Wedding Venue:
    Thank you for the tip!  I looked into Kewwwnaw, but unforuntatly they are closed during the winter.  I just found a great place on Drummond Island that is a bit closer and has enough lodging for guests!  Its beautiful and I am finally getting excited!
  • Options
    I forgot to mention we also had to move the date to the end of December of this year to fit work scheduals, so it was a challange finding a venue to meet our needs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards