Texas-San Antonio
Options

Vendor Reviews

Hello All, 

I had my wedding July 9, 2011 Here is a look at what happened at my wedding!

Caterer/Venue/Hacienda Santa Maria: One word! DISASTER!!!!  Our dinner was at 630, some people didn't get their plate till close to 8pm! And if they did their food was cold!!! Some people got half a plate because Gonzolo insisted they ran out of food!!! To make it worse, some of our guests didn't EAT AT ALL!!! They were supposed to serve iced tea and they only served water! The restrooms were so hot, the one time I used it I was dripping sweat! Our keg and maragarita machine were delivered to the wrong venue!!! 
There were only 3 servers to take care of 150 people! Nothing was done as I asked, Gonzolo claimed his coordinator was in jail with a dwi and he was running everywhere trying to get things together! Well this happened a night before my wedding! He had a whole day to call more workers for help! Guests were saying the man cutting my cake was drunk! The cake was crumbled, people got nasty pieces! I was mortified!!
 Because of the beer and margarita machine fail my husband insisted people recieve free bottled beer and margaritas on the rocks. We also got 1500$ back. Which by far doesn't make up for the crappy service and embarrasment!!!!!!!!!!!

Photographer: Miguel Gonzalez
Miguel was great! He took so many fabulous pictures and he also did our engagment and my bridals. He was with us through the whole experience and he did an excellent job! I would totally recommend. 

Flowers: Erin Mclarty/Edens Echo
Erin did an amazing job and my flowers totally made the venue look incredible and elegant! My tropical theme came through just how I envisioned. She is an artist!

My dress: Mayfair Bridal
I recieved compliments on my dress all night the only problem I had was I lost a little weight so my sis had to tie my corset so tight I couldn't move. It was also a little long I found my self holding it up a little despite the bustle and my 3 inch heels.  

Bridesmaids Dresses: Black House/White Market
Amazing black dresses my girls looked so good, despite the heat my girls had dresses that were made well and fit them fantastic. And they only spent 80$ on them!! Great store to buy dresses!

I know no wedding goes perfect but a food disaster like mine was so uncalled for. My husband and I are so embarrased by the issue. We have people telling us they didn't eat at all which makes me so mad! We paid so much moey for their service and we were left cold. Please be aware that this may not happen to another bride BUT issues can arise. 

Thanks! 
Lauren

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!!!! Lauren that is so sad!! I would for sure get money back for the food as well! That is just awful.

:(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for the disaster with the food. Have you called them and told them how disgusted you are? I would also maybe contact the BBB and report them. It doesn't sound like they had their act together :(

But I am glad the rest of your wedding was perfect :) congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention that Hacienda Santa Maria is owned by Picante Grill, whom catered. Actually we did speak with Gonzolo over the phone twice while we were on our honeymoon and when we came back we went to Picante Grill and spoke with him in person. He was willing to only give us back 1500$ of our expenses. It seemed as though they forgot there was a wedding to cater! Horrible! Thanks for your feedback ladies. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!! I am so sorry! I'm sure your guests understand that that was out of your control and that you didn't mean for it to happen that way. I emailed that venue about menus and pricing and I got a very informal email back (more than 2 weeks after I initially sent the email) saying to "call for info and that her son would do the DJ-ing for $495." I may be overthinking this, but I thought the way the email was written and what she said was very unprofessional.
    I am happy that the rest of your day went well and that none of your other vendors let you down. At the end of the day, you're still married and congrats for that!! :)

Edit: PS Thanks for the reviews and I would definitely recommend contacting the BBB and requesting more money back from the vendor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry the day didn't go exactly as you planned. I'm really glad you posted this. Picante Grill was on the list of approved caterers from my venue, I just crossed them off. Thank you and I wish you much happiness!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards