New Jersey

2nd dress for reception

Are any of you ladies doing this?  If so, where are/did you get it from.  Looking for a white cocktail dress in plus size.  Any ideas?

Re: 2nd dress for reception

• I got my 2nd dress at Nordstrom. They have a nice bridal salon there & their cocktail dresses are pretty nice too. My intention was to get a cocktail dress that I could wear again, but then I fell in love with a short & very bridal looking dress. Oh well. I love it!
  • To be complete honest, I dont understand why brides do this.  Wedding gowns are so expensive that I feel it should be worn the entire time.  Besides, I love my gown so much that I wouldn't even want to change into something else for the reception.  
    Married April 27th 2012
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_2nd-dress-for-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:4b383861-f38e-45d2-a5fc-e6481692cb8fPost:c60b3a5e-bbd7-438c-9829-1f55bff8c610">Re: 2nd dress for reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be complete honest, I dont understand why brides do this.  Wedding gowns are so expensive that I feel it should be worn the entire time.  Besides, I love my gown so much that I wouldn't even want to change into something else for the reception.  
    Posted by Ginabean42712[/QUOTE]
    True, which is why I'm changing into my second dress at about 1h to the end of the night. After having this big dress on all day, I'm going to want to finish the night comfortable. Also, I'm driving us home. There is NO WAY I can drive in my dress. So instead of changing into jeans, I'm going to wear another pretty dress. It was only $150, so not a huge investment. Guess it depends on your preference & circumstances.
  • I couldn't imagine changing out of my wedding gown. However, my best friend is also getting married, and she's getting a second dress because the first dress is "too serious" for the reception. If you feel like you want to get a second dress and can afford it- I say if you're even considering it, you have your reasons- go for it. 
    8-26-12-1-1 8-26-12-2
  • I didn't think I'd have two dresses, but my dress is a ballgown and it's really large.  I got a second dress to change into either right before or right after the cake cutting (my videography ends after cake cutting and I want both in everything).  It is from Amsale.  They have a line called Little White Dress.  I think they have a wide range of sizes but they are expensive.  Do what you want; it's your day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards