April 2013 Weddings

Wedding Ticker & Planning Process

How do I add a wedding ticker to my profile?  Sorry, I'm sure this has already been asked but I'm so new at this..

BTW..how far along are you in the planning process?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Ticker & Planning Process

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I can see your ticker :)

I have most of my big vendors booked - ceremony site, reception hall, photog, videographer, DJ. We are just starting to ask people to stand up with us. We have a lot of little things to focus on like our centerpieces and other decor. Oh and it would be nice if I found a dress lol.

What about you?
  • We pretty much have everything booked. The bridesmaids have until the end of the July to get their measurements into the bridal salon or go in to get sized. I chose an Alfred Angelo dress for the girls and alfred angelo is running late with production and delivery so if we order by the end of next month everyones dresses should be here by sometime in December and we are also running into the chinese new year so we had to make sure they were ordered before they are off for 2 weeks. We still have to meet with our JOP, go to the bakery (we dont plan on doing that until December), work on all of my DIY projects, discuss some type of transportation, and register which I think we will do sometime during the fall.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • am2326am2326 member
    First Comment
    Okay good to know I was starting to think I was crazy trying to get all the big stuff out of he way so soon..when I contact vendors they say "oh still lots of time left" but it doesn't feel that way to me. I have ceremony and reception sites, florists, photog, and I already did cake tasting so I already know who Ill book, catering and a pretty good idea on music and linens/rental people..im also trying to decide between a videographer or film maker..I fell in love with the "movie" type wedding video but its so expensive..i just want to get all the big stuff out of the way so we work on paying everything and all the little details later..oh im going dress shopping tomorrow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_wedding-ticker-planning-process?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b91542b4-5408-4102-ac8c-cfad55b5b51aPost:ae1e900a-03c3-4722-b09d-0c4ef8054110">Re: Wedding Ticker & Planning Process</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay good to know I was starting to think I was crazy trying to get all the big stuff out of he way so soon..when I contact vendors they say "oh still lots of time left" but it doesn't feel that way to me. I have ceremony and reception sites, florists, photog, and I already did cake tasting so I already know who Ill book, catering and a pretty good idea on music and linens/rental people..im also trying to decide between a videographer or film maker..I fell in love with the "movie" type wedding video but its so expensive..i just want to get all the big stuff out of the way so we work on paying everything and all the little details later..<strong>oh im going dress shopping tomorrow!
    </strong>Posted by am2326[/QUOTE]

Have fun!!
  • vk, you still haven't found the dress yet?  How many have you tried on now?

I'm at the point where my venue (which included cake and food and drinks and reception centerpieces), DJ, photo booth, photographer, and videographer are booked.  I'm going to be emailing a florist and a hair/makeup girl here within the next week or so.  I have started collecting things for my sweets table (glass jars/bowls) and I am starting a little DIY wooden sign thing when the weather cools.  Mom and I need to get to a craft store together ASAP.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_wedding-ticker-planning-process?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b91542b4-5408-4102-ac8c-cfad55b5b51aPost:1e23919c-4c45-4092-93f1-3ee2a84528b8">Re: Wedding Ticker & Planning Process</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>vk, you still haven't found the dress yet?  How many have you tried on now?</strong> I'm at the point where my venue (which included cake and food and drinks and reception centerpieces), DJ, photo booth, photographer, and videographer are booked.  I'm going to be emailing a florist and a hair/makeup girl here within the next week or so.  I have started collecting things for my sweets table (glass jars/bowls) and I am starting a little DIY wooden sign thing when the weather cools.  Mom and I need to get to a craft store together ASAP.
    Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]

Nope :(

I haven't tried on that many, maybe like 15ish. But I think I am going to have it made. I just need to find time to go meet with the lady and see if she can do it. I am just worried that I won't like the finished product. There is one dress I tried on, the last one actually, that I love but it is like a fit and flare style(?) and I don't like how low it sits, so it would have to be basically re-created anyways if I chose it, so I am going to show a lady a few pictures/styles and see if she can come up with something I love!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_wedding-ticker-planning-process?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b91542b4-5408-4102-ac8c-cfad55b5b51aPost:ae1e900a-03c3-4722-b09d-0c4ef8054110">Re: Wedding Ticker & Planning Process</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay good to know I was starting to think I was crazy trying to get all the big stuff out of he way so soon..when I contact vendors they say "oh still lots of time left" but it doesn't feel that way to me. I have ceremony and reception sites, florists, photog, and I already did cake tasting so I already know who Ill book, catering and a pretty good idea on music and linens/rental people..im also trying to decide between a videographer or film maker..I<strong> fell in love with the "movie" type wedding video but its so expensive..i</strong> just want to get all the big stuff out of the way so we work on paying everything and all the little details later..oh im going dress shopping tomorrow!
    Posted by am2326[/QUOTE]

Same here!!!!! I We may not do a videographer at all because it is sooooo pricey.and not the kind of video I really like. But I am still researching! 
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • am2326am2326 member
    First Comment
    Thanks VK..im definately doing some research on it but i might just try and trim down the budget in other areas so I can have the video I want..after seeing their work i think its worth the price especially to have something to show our kids one day rather than pictures
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_wedding-ticker-planning-process?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b91542b4-5408-4102-ac8c-cfad55b5b51aPost:d40d2c85-9c5e-4e39-91f6-41eb0f204998">Re: Wedding Ticker & Planning Process</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks VK..im definately doing some research on it but i might just try and trim down the budget in other areas so I can have the video I want..after seeing <strong>their</strong> work i think its worth the price especially to have something to show our kids one day rather than pictures
    Posted by am2326[/QUOTE]

Are you stuck on one vendor? Or just the ones you have seen are pricey?

Okay, I'm not sure if I understand the difference between the two types of videographers. Is one like the normal capture everything and you watch it just like that, and the film one is where they put a song to it and sort of make it into a timeline of the day?
  • I've got the ceremony and reception site booked including caterer. I've also got my dress. We're meeting with a cake person next week and a photographer the week after that. Hoping to get other vendors lined up by the end of July - we'll see how that plan goes.
    image 342 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 50 Will be missing out!
    image 200 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • am2326am2326 member
    First Comment
    Its more of a movie type video. The filmakers use a variety of cameras and angles and edit the film. It is not done in the timeline format. It skips around to pieces of interviews that were conducted, ceremony, and reception. There is a lot of post production and color editing that go into making this video so I would say these people consider themselves film makers as opposed to just a cut n dry video recording of everything that happened.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • am2326am2326 member
    First Comment
    The interviews will be done beforehand with us so they have a feel of what type of couple we are. Additional interviews will be done on our wedding day with parents and other immediate family. I really loved the concept of a movie so Ill trim the budget in other areas to make room for this. Im really excited. When we got engaged I thought I was going to want a very small wedding so Im pretty surprised at how much Our guest list has increased (130ish, stll small). I really am enjoying this whole process. I ordered my dress yesterday in a size that didnt really zip up so I need to start making better food choices. I also have slight high blood pressure and need to lose at least 20 lbs so thats a whole other motivation. @clovester- what are you doing,to lose weight?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • am2326am2326 member
    First Comment
    Im interested in a workout/accountability buddy! Lets start a thread at the get in shape board. See you there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • am2326am2326 member
    First Comment
    Looks like one has been started for Monday. Ill join that one :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Although you already figured out adding your ticket, I would love some help from someone! I can't find a way to make a signature auto-post like it appears everyone else has it. I know how to add images and change this post itself, but that's about it hah

As for planning, we have a lot of the vendors chosen, but still not completely clear on what we want...if that makes sense. We are planning long distance as we live in Iowa and are getting married in Indiana, so we got a planner to help us out. We have photographer, florist, cake, officiant, DJ, ceremony venue, hair + makeup....and we know the reception venue but it is under construction so we don't have an official contract yet. And we're still negotatiing caterer and bar service since we just learned the reception venue is going to carry their own liquor license. We've decided on the general colors for the wedding and I've chosen my dress...but I have to order it. I have no idea on bridesmaid dresses yet.

So we have the people in place, but we have no idea what type of flowers, what flavor cake, have to write our vows, what kind of hairstyle....etc. So we still have a ton to do!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards