Wedding Etiquette Forum

Where did all this morning's posts go?

2»

Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?

• Self-thrown second baby showers seem to be getting popular, much to my dismay.

My cousin is having a baby shower this spring.  But it's her third, and her other two children are (almost) 13 and 10.  I doubt she has any baby things left, she had assumed that she was done having kids until she got married and her H wanted kids.  I'm not going.  It's the same day as my friend's wedding that I'm a BM in.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I haven't lost shiit from getting a new gym membership and being extra vigilant about my diet either. I even (mostly) gave up beer. I need to be rewarded for that. 
    Photobucket
  • I'm pretty sure this girl's first child is still in diapers.  I like her, it just makes me smh (heh).
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:a8bb5fdc-9c64-4405-931b-61e51c434e7b">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bay, my cousin had a shower last year, same situation.  Baby #3 was a surprise package, and she had long ago given away all of her baby things (her oldest was headed into high school).  I was thrilled to go to that shower.  I'm dreading the call from the salon that says my dress is in, because I haven't lost any pounds or inches.  Get in the game, Eagles. ETA: She didn't throw her own shower.  It was thrown for her.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Yup.  I don't see anything wrong with having a shower thrown for your next child if it's one of those situations. 

I judge people like hell who throw their own showers.  First baby or fifth.  Or wedding showers.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• I've gained ten pounds since the wedding. Cry I'd really just like to lose that much again. 
    Photobucket
  • It was pretty easy to lose weight back when I worked at a restaurant and was active, so I'm hoping the same will hold true when I leave here. 
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I've been doing Zumba 3x a week for 6 months and watching my diet.  I haven't lost any weight, but I can tell I'm losing inches and my muscles are A LOT more tone.  I just wish the number on the scale would reflect my efforts

I was looking at pics from Freshman year of college and I was about 10 or so pounds less than I am now.  I'd love to get back to that weight, but I don't know if it is realistic because I was playing tennis every day for 2-3 hours back then.  I just can't keep that pace up these days.

ETA: Also, the corporate world and sitting for 8 hours a day doesn't help
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:433d6361-cc10-4ab8-bb6a-dfb1409af49f">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who wants to answer a WR question? I have my makeup trial this weekend.  The girl owns her business and charges for the trial.  Do I tip her?  Halp.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>No. /gavel.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm probably not the best person to ask though. </div>
    Photobucket
  • I missed the update for Kat too. I'm sorry to hear that her FI threw her under the bus like that. Kat - *hugs* for you!

I had a similar baby shower experience for my cousin who has two healthy older children, lost two babies, then had a beautiful baby girl. I too was ecstatic for that shower!

Second showers in regular circumstances? Not cool. I was invited to one via FB by a HS acquaintance throwing her own
    . Umm..no.

• Ugh. stupid TK wouldn't even let me into the board. I'd click the link & nothing showed. Seriously, this is totally ridiculous. 

And that's such a bummer for Kat, especially with her FI throwing her under the bus like that.  *hugs to Kat*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI just let me know that he bought our tickets for the Hunger Games! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry, I'm excited. Smile)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:ca04067d-d56a-4418-9521-03ef0d1bb7d4">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI just let me know that he bought our tickets for the Hunger Games! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry, I'm excited. )
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]
    I want to see the movie, but it is still on my list of books to read.  I guess I'll have to get a copy to take on the honeymoon.  That may be the only time I have to read it.
  • I did answer it Eagles. Did the answer disappear?
    Photobucket
  • Eags - Since when are we helpful?  Did you get dragged into TK's parallel universe?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • July - You'll read it in no time flat. Wonderul book!

My hairdresser just cancelled on me for the wedding. Eff. (She just got a new job at a hair place and someone is going on maternity leave. Therefore, Mr. Bossman won't let her have any days off)
  • Make that Saturdays, she does get days off, just no Saturdays.
  • Sorry Midge. That sucks. I also found my hair/MUA through my local and preferred vendors as well.

Eagles - Are you definitely getting airbrush done? Or are you still deciding? I don't know what I should do but I don't want to pay for 2 different trials to figure it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Midge, can you just make an appointment and go into the salon instead of having her come to you?
    Photobucket
  • Please do Eagles! It isn't even priced that much more but I've heard such good things overall. I do remember one person saying that it makes you look fake so that is my only concern. I'm not really good with makeup either.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One of the best wedding decisions I made was paying $200 for professional airbrush makeup. It was awesome. It didn't budge in the July heat and looked flawless. I felt so much more confident not worrying about my face makeup and feeling carefree. Maybe it's because of my skin related self esteem issues, but having my makeup done was seriously awesome. Best $200 ever spent. If you can budget it, I highly recommend it.
  • Thanks all. She doesn't really work at a fancy salon - think Great Clips, I don't think they do wedding hair and the for sure don't do huge parties of people for appointments.

I do have other recommendations. I just hope they're not much more expensive and are available for a few people. My mom and 2-3 of my BMs already said they wanted to use the former hairdresser.
  • Midge that stinks.  I hope you find someone!

Erin, $200 for airbrush! holy moley that's expensive.  Most of the places I priced out around here were between $60 and $80.

I'm going to have it done for my wedding day for the mere fact that any other makeup melts off my face in the summer
  • Ugh, this TK junk is super annoying. 

Midge, I'm sorry about your cancelation! Hopefully it works out you sind somewhere that can get everyone in. 

I'm debating on my make-up for the wedding. The last time my longtime stylist did my make up, I looked like Mimi from Drew Carey. Not exactly the look I want. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had airbrushed makeup for my wedding.  It was crazy hot for northern CA in October, and there was no air conditioning in the church.  My makeup looked awesome all day long.

Oh, and I did tip for the trial since she drove to my house to do it.  I probably didn't need to, but whatever. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-did-all-this-mornings-posts-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:363d78d0-00a5-4c04-a6be-4714bf420b9ePost:92d5c197-fd6b-4bc1-8353-bfaa6b5da7f9">Re: Where did all this morning's posts go?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Midge that stinks.  I hope you find someone! Erin, $200 for airbrush! holy moley that's expensive.  Most of the places I priced out around here were between $60 and $80. I'm going to have it done for my wedding day for the mere fact that any other makeup melts off my face in the summer
    Posted by July2012bride[/QUOTE]

<div>She did all my makeup and she drove from 1.5 hours away. I live in really rural area, so she was the closest professional artist I could find. I figured with gas plus the makeup $200 was pretty decent. And she was literally the only person I could find. I'm so lucky she was amazing.</div>
  • Erin that makes sense.  I'm glad it was a good experience for the price!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards