Ohio-Cleveland

Help! Newly engaged...

Okay, so this is ALLLLL new to me. I am planning my own wedding on a limited budget. If you could share any info on wedding and reception needs and services that INEXPENSIVE such as photogrpahers, cake, limo services, invitations, save-the date magnets, etc.  THANKS!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! Newly engaged...

• edited December 2011
    Hey! I am newly engaged as well. I've started to dive into research mode online & found this website very helpful for looking at ceremony / reception venues.

I think these days we're all budget conscious - so don't stop at the first thing you like, keep researching!

Check out weddingwire.com.

Best of luck!
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to you both! How many guests and what area (east/west/south) do you have in mind for ceremony & recepton?

As for other inexpensive vendors, check out the grocery store floral depts for your flowers if you're doing fresh. We actually ended up using a florist who worked for Heinen's, but did weddings out of her home workshop. She did great work and it was way cheaper than any standard 'shop' florist.

For photographers, check out Tami Musick Photography. She's my favorite lately. She's done 3 shoots for me over the past 2 years and we have another scheduled later this summer. LOVE her work and her prices. http://tamaramusick.wordpress.com/

For invitations, we used www.rexcraft.com and were very happy with them. Huge selection at all price points and you can request samples (free!) of invites before placing your order online and getting the online proof. No issues and they ship quickly.

We skipped the limo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! I do know that our photographer offers an associate package now, which is cheaper than normal packages out there. You can check them out at www.imagenphotos.com.
    We got our cake from Baraona's in Maple Heights and it was under $300 (for a 2-tier cake with strawberry filling, and 2 full sheet cakes for 160 people). 
    Our hall is Bethlen Hall of the First Hungarian Reformed Church in Walton Hills. The food is all homemade and pretty reasonably priced ($34 per plate). 
    Our DJ is the DJ Crew and John, one of the owners is awesome! Their website is: www.thedjcrew.com.
    Our limo company is All Occasion Limo and we mentioned a coupon from the All Around Town book (we didn't need to show it) and saved 50%. 
    We did our invites ourselves and saved a lot of money! We didn't do save the dates, but I know there are a bunch of websites, such as vistaprint.com.

Hope this helps! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Do you know where you are getting married? (i.e. east side/west side, etc.)  Congrats on the engagement!  I agree there are a ton of ways to save money.  you might want to check out the DIY board, and the budget wedding board too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Celeste548Celeste548 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For photo and video I woul recommend Babulski Productions.  The rates are very reasonable.  You can see some of his work at www.babulskiproductions.com.

Hope that helps.
  • edited December 2011
    i thought americanweddingalbum.com for invitations was on the inexpensive side

rosesforweddings.com - she had the cheapest flower quotes and i looked at a few florists

some people decide to skip the DJ and just bring their ipods and some good speakers

we were going to skip the limo too at first, but then we had our ceremony time four hours earlier than the reception so we broke down and got one - so i suggest making sure your wedding and reception are back to back that way transportation isn't a hassle

there's a paper store called Hollo's in brunswick if you need cardstock, envelopes, etc for cheap - i made my own placecards, programs, save the dates and definitely saved money by going there instead of jo-anns

i've heard of people skipping the rehearsal dinner and doing cake and coffee instead

hope these help a little!
  • edited December 2011
    I feel like I'm a cheating knottie but projectwedding.com has super helpful ideas- stay away from their boards though- they're full of misinformed women who think bridal parties = slaves. *GASP*
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't want to do your own invites-  I found an online store that carries many of the same invites stationary stores do, for 40%.    I used http://www.elegantbridalinvitations.com/

I had looked at a stationary store or two- and then found this website. They were great until I placed the order.  I placed the order,  got the first proofs and there were random mistakes.   It took a week or two longer (I think two) than I thought it would, and I had to call a few times to find out the status of the order, and that was annoying. Depsite the minor communication problesm-  I would still order through them again for the savings.  

For invites- also keep in mind that both odd shapes (ie square) and thick invites will cost more to send.  

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • NurseDeLuxeNurseDeLuxe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used for the save-the date cards 123print.com. They have nice sets, Invitations, Programs etc. I'll do my invitations, place cards, Programs and other stuff by myself. We are having our Reception at Guys Party Centre. We are living in Virginia and I will set up everything with the Reception site and Photographer in September. I found our photographer at craigslist. He is new in this business (around one year). It was his hobby before and he made it to his job. I'm fine that he is new in business because I think that he will do it very well because he needs good pictures for his portfolio and a good reference for his future jobs. I saw a couple of pictures that he made and I liked it. He will do it for under $ 1000 for the entire day! I found the bridesmaid dresses on Davids Bridal and i bought my gown in Germany. It was a lil bit more expensive but I wanted exactly this dress. The designer is Eddy K. and the gown number is 1333. I'm absolutely in love with. The suits for the grooms men are from Men's Wearhouse. But I really need good advices for the deserts and a good caterer for it. Does anyone have any good advices?
  • af2005mnaf2005mn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out NM Limo Co, they are very competitively priced, but book up fast...
  • Amanda DuffyAmanda Duffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What an exciting time in your life!
    We can help you. Contact us to discuss your needs and budget plans.
    We will make sure you are satisfied wih our work and prices.

Photography & Video for your Engagement or Wedding by GS3 and Associates.
    Prices are very reasonable and our style is artistic.
    We are willing to travel in and out of the US. We have offices based in the following areas:
    Cleveland Ohio, Columbus Ohio, Atlanta Georgia, San Diego Ca.
    and The Metro Areas of DC. and NY.

Please feel free to view our website:
    www.georgio%20sabino3.com/">www.Georgio Sabino3.com

Or Call us at:
    216-256-7018 Georgio Sabino or 614-578-0491 Amanda Duffy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards