Nevada-Las Vegas

Married Reviews Part 3

All Night Long (A )   Included in our package. The DJ was pretty good. It took a minute to get to the right part of Rhianna’s “We Found Love” for our grand entrance song but besides that he was pretty good.  He even made us a CD of the major songs from our reception, which was a nice touch! Also provided our uplighting totally made the room have an extra swanky feel but I do think we may have overpaid. $400 for four hours just seemed too steep and we probably could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else but they were already there to dj. 

Memory Lane (B) Included in our package with the platinum. They videotaped our ceremony and did a pretty good job. I gave them an (B) because when they initially contacted us saying they were part of our package they recommended that we upgrade to two or three videographers instead of just one which was part of the package. We nicely declined and they emailed again saying they “wish we would reconsider”…. Besides feeling like they really wanted to upsell us, they were good. We know its how they make a living so it wasn’t a big deal and the video turned out well!

Chiemi Photography A++  My fiancée was a little nervous going with a photographer and not meeting her first but OMG she is amazing. She was so energetic and into getting good shots that she would jump up on chairs, etc. to get the best photo. I hadn't heard much about her here on the knot but really hopes she get some recognition because she really did an amazing job! She posted some pics on her FB Page and they are AMAZING. We can’t wait to see the rest. Here is a link: http://www.facebook.com/chiemiphotography

We are Michele and Justus at the Platinum. 

Francesca Lombardi – A+ She and Kimberly worked on us all day and they did a fantastic job! All of the BM’s  were going for something different and they made each look unique. My BM are beautiful girls to start with but they looked like models when the girls were done with them. Francesca makes you super at ease and listens to what you want. I had sent her a picture about two weeks before the wedding and she had it ready to go on her phone when I sat in her chair.  I would definitely use them!!!!

Iberostar Grand Paraiso Riviera Maya - honeymoon
I found this place on the knot honeymoon board as the top all inclusive resort for 2012. Ummm this place was more luxiourous then we imagined. We had never done an all inclusive, and to be honest, I thought we would have to trade some luxury for all inclusive but not the case at all. They have us the best suite they have with a hot tub on the balcony overlooking the ocean. The food was good, lots of amazing fresh fruits and vegetables. On some things at “Italian night” they basically just loaded lots and lots of cheese on noodles and called it pasta but for the most part, everything else was delicious. Great steak, great fresh sushi, something for everyone. Their beach is beautiful white sand and the water was turquoise. We got a cabana on the beach almost every day to relax and whenever we wanted a beer or drink, they got it for us. The infinity salt water pool had club music and a swim up bar and was more rowdy but a nice change from the beach.  What struck us most about this resort was how hardworking and accommodating every employee was. I have been to the Carribean and never received such outstanding service. Even if a staff member was walking in the hall, they would say Hello and made sure we had everything we needed. They took cleaning seriously! I walked in one time during their morning service where I thought they just made the bed and a young girl was scrubbing the heck out of our marble floor! Seriously. The floors were so clean you could eat off of them throughout the resort. We only made it to one show and we weren’t that into it….it was Mayan interpretive dance and although they were very talented dancers, it just wasn’t our show so we left but I heard the other shows were more popular (Broadway hits, and Rock and Roll show). One thing I should note is that there was A LOT of seaweed in the water and that washed up on shore. This was my first time to Mexico so I’m not sure if it is always like that or just this time of year but be prepared to have it wrap around your toes while swimming. It was so bad that every few days the resort workers would have to rake it up and throw in trash bags so you could walk on the beach. The beach next to the resort is vacant land and you couldn’t really go on long walks because the seaweed was everywhere and once it dries, it kind of hurts to walk on. I would definitely go here ago and think that its perfect for honeymooners!!!! Who wouldn’t want to walk in from a day at the beach to a Jacuzzi full of bubbles and rose petals?

All in all, my finacee kept telling me what a wonderful job I had done with the ceremony, reception, and honeymoon and I have all of you Knotties to thank!!! Thank you for all of your comments and feedback :)

Re: Married Reviews Part 3

• haha - i responded too quickly to the other thread!! I'm using All Night Long for our dj and for our vidoegrapher. I'm very curious about the uplighting - we are waffling on it and we figured we may go with 4 inside - how many did you use and even though you weren't sure about the cost - were you relaly happy to have had them?

soooo pleased to hear about Chiemi - we've had the same concerns just in that we haven't heard anything about her! For some reason I am never able to see her facebook page - the link just brings me to my own facebook homepage - can't get on her page for the life of me - hopefully you'll post some pics here!

Congrats again :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We did 10 uplights and although pricey, I thought it really made the room have more of a Vegasy feel to it! Although everyone is really only in the room for two hours and the rest of the dancing is outside where you cant really see them so that is something to consider in weighing your options. I am having trouble posting pics for some reason :(
  • Here are some professional pics and one a guest took so you can see a ceremony pic

• Jeez, you looked GORGEOUS...your photog is great!
  • So amazing.. congratulations!
    Our Platinum wedding is next weekend and you have really settled any fears I may have had :)
    You looked stunning!!
  • Congratulations Mrs!! Thanks for sharing the reviews and photos! You looked beautiful!!
  • nr2510nr2510 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks for the reviews- great info!
    Did Francesca Lombardi do the makeup/hair?

Thanks!
  • p.s. the facebook page doesn't work.. just redirects to home page!
  • Gorgeous! Thanks for the reviews!
  • SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    Great reviews!!!   Sounds like you guys had an amazing weekend!  Your pictures are awesome!  I love that deck at the Platinum!  Such a great view.  Congrats!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • simoniksimonik member
    First Comment
    Thank you for all of the reviews! I love the bridesmaid dreses. Can you share the designer?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I love all the reviews - thanks for sharing.
    http://angieandchris.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker image119 Dealt!
    image 40 Are All In!
    image 51 Had to fold!
    image 28 Are Holding Out For their Turn!
  • Great reviews! I agree that those photos are gorgeous
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • The bridesmaid dresses were from Nordstrom's and I believe the designer was Eliza J.
    Thanks for the kind words and good luck with everyone's planning!
  • Oh! I totally forgot the minister! Pastor Pete was included in the package and very nice but asked if he could use a golf analogy during the ceremony and since the FI was an avid golfer and he said it was popular, I agreed however it was so corny and long winded, I wished he hadn't said it. I give him a B-. I recommend asking him NOT to use it!!!!!1
  • edited October 2012
    <div>how much do they charge? price range?</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_married-reviews-part-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:f99cf902-86d3-4971-800b-31db473b04d7Post:e9ec3acf-d67e-4901-b6c7-0515b1efddfa">Married Reviews Part 3</a>:
    [QUOTE]All Night Long (A )    Included in our package. The DJ was pretty good. It took a minute to get to the right part of Rhianna’s “We Found Love” for our grand entrance song but besides that he was pretty good.  He even made us a CD of the major songs from our reception, which was a nice touch! Also provided our uplighting totally made the room have an extra swanky feel but I do think we may have overpaid. $400 for four hours just seemed too steep and we probably could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else but they were already there to dj.  Memory Lane (B ) Included in our package with the platinum. They videotaped our ceremony and did a pretty good job. I gave them an (B) because when they initially contacted us saying they were part of our package they recommended that we upgrade to two or three videographers instead of just one which was part of the package. We nicely declined and they emailed again saying they “wish we would reconsider”…. Besides feeling like they really wanted to upsell us, they were good. We know its how they make a living so it wasn’t a big deal and the video turned out well! Chiemi Photography A++  My fiancée was a little nervous going with a photographer and not meeting her first but OMG she is amazing. She was so energetic and into getting good shots that she would jump up on chairs, etc. to get the best photo. I hadn't heard much about her here on the knot but really hopes she get some recognition because she really did an amazing job! She posted some pics on her FB Page and they are AMAZING. We can’t wait to see the rest. Here is a link: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/chiemiphotography" rel="nofollow">http://www.facebook.com/chiemiphotography</a> We are Michele and Justus at the Platinum.  Francesca Lombardi – A+ She and Kimberly worked on us all day and they did a fantastic job! All of the BM’s  were going for something different and they made each look unique. My BM are beautiful girls to start with but they looked like models when the girls were done with them. Francesca makes you super at ease and listens to what you want. I had sent her a picture about two weeks before the wedding and she had it ready to go on her phone when I sat in her chair.  I would definitely use them!!!! Iberostar Grand Paraiso Riviera Maya - honeymoon I found this place on the knot honeymoon board as the top all inclusive resort for 2012. Ummm this place was more luxiourous then we imagined. We had never done an all inclusive, and to be honest, I thought we would have to trade some luxury for all inclusive but not the case at all. They have us the best suite they have with a hot tub on the balcony overlooking the ocean. The food was good, lots of amazing fresh fruits and vegetables. On some things at “Italian night” they basically just loaded lots and lots of cheese on noodles and called it pasta but for the most part, everything else was delicious. Great steak, great fresh sushi, something for everyone. Their beach is beautiful white sand and the water was turquoise. We got a cabana on the beach almost every day to relax and whenever we wanted a beer or drink, they got it for us. The infinity salt water pool had club music and a swim up bar and was more rowdy but a nice change from the beach.  What struck us most about this resort was how hardworking and accommodating every employee was. I have been to the Carribean and never received such outstanding service. Even if a staff member was walking in the hall, they would say Hello and made sure we had everything we needed. They took cleaning seriously! I walked in one time during their morning service where I thought they just made the bed and a young girl was scrubbing the heck out of our marble floor! Seriously. The floors were so clean you could eat off of them throughout the resort. We only made it to one show and we weren’t that into it….it was Mayan interpretive dance and although they were very talented dancers, it just wasn’t our show so we left but I heard the other shows were more popular (Broadway hits, and Rock and Roll show). One thing I should note is that there was A LOT of seaweed in the water and that washed up on shore. This was my first time to Mexico so I’m not sure if it is always like that or just this time of year but be prepared to have it wrap around your toes while swimming. It was so bad that every few days the resort workers would have to rake it up and throw in trash bags so you could walk on the beach. The beach next to the resort is vacant land and you couldn’t really go on long walks because the seaweed was everywhere and once it dries, it kind of hurts to walk on. I would definitely go here ago and think that its perfect for honeymooners!!!! Who wouldn’t want to walk in from a day at the beach to a Jacuzzi full of bubbles and rose petals? All in all, my finacee kept telling me what a wonderful job I had done with the ceremony, reception, and honeymoon and I have all of you Knotties to thank!!! Thank you for all of your comments and feedback :)
    Posted by Cheles93[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards